Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:51 AM   #1

HELLO, i want to know if the casio s770 is better than CANON POWERSHOT A710 IS and why is that. a710 have more optical zoom but that dont bother me at all so if anyone know please help me.
jayfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2007, 5:07 PM   #2

You can't compare the Canon 710IS with the Casio 770. The Canon 710 is a compact camera and the Casio 770 is a point and shoot.So it's like comparing watermelon and pineapple. If you are entirely after quality of pictures without minding the bulk of the camera, then get the Canon 710 IS. But for a person who wants to travel in style without two sets of cameras( video and still cameras)around the shoulder, and does not want to look like a tourist, then get the S770. Personally, I would prefer the Casio S770 because of the excellent pictures and video it takes and the slim size. But you have to consider what kind of activities you are involved with.If you do a lot of socials, then you might have to prefer the Canon 710 but if you like the outdoors, then get the Casio S770.The Casio 770 has a bit of barrel distortion when using wideangle shots which is fixable.
digitizeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 2:55 PM   #3

can you explain this better " The Casio 770 has a bit of barrel distortion when using wideangle shots which is fixable"

what is the barrel sistortion and wideangle???
Old Feb 18, 2007, 4:26 PM   #4

Barrel distortion is a a common minor annoyance to point and shoot or ultra compact cameras. It occurs at the wide end of the zoom (wide angle) as opposed to telephoto which produces a different distortion called pin cushion distortion. Most cameras have different degrees of barrel distortion which is most noticeable when you a take a picture of say two buildings like say the world trade center. In barrel distortion, the two buildings will look crooked like a barrel where the centers of the buildings will be bulging outward. If you take a telephoto of the WTC, the pin cushion distortion will show the middle of the buildings will appear narrower which seem to show the buildings bending toward the center like aCoke bottle.I hope I explained it right for you. But in case I confused you more, just google: barrel distortion andyou will get more info. Used a panaroma tool to fix it. Or don't use wideanglezoom too much with S770 unless you are shooting close up orit will appear really blurred or noisy. oki,doki.
digitizeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 7:41 AM   #5

thnx very much, i have understand the barrel distortion ,i have downloaded a plug in for photoshop calling panorama ,tools thnx for the info :|