Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 10, 2003, 8:48 PM   #1

Default EX-Z3 clicking sound when rec video clips?

my EX-Z3 makes clicking sounds when i rec video. is this normal :?:
fgr75b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2003, 2:17 PM   #2

For the record my EX-Z3 (delivered yesterday) also makes this noise. I'm not sure but I think it occurs because the camera is adjusting the apeture size to adjust the brightness of the video.
acrazyvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2003, 10:11 PM   #3

thanks for the info, just wanted to make sure it was not broke. so how do you like it. its my first digicam and i think the pics are great. i carry it w/me at work always looking for that great pic moment.
fgr75b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2003, 5:09 AM   #4

Its also my first digicam (discounting a crappy 320x240 Polaroid one) and on the whole I have been impressed. As it is very compact I have no qualms about carrying it in a pocket with me, whereas my previous film camera was much bulkier, so I ended up never taking photos with it. The large LCD screen is also very useful and stylish. Transferring photos to the computer via the USB cradle is very fast.

As for the quality, on the whole it is good. It is not without its problems, for example the distortion at wide angle does spoil certain pictures, and I would have liked to have seen more manual control over settings (although most of the settings you want can be accessed though the Best Shot feature).

So yeah, I'm happy with it!
acrazyvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2003, 6:26 PM   #5

I just moved up from the Casio 2M EX-M2, (which I loved) and really like the Z3. But back to the original question in this thread which is the only negative thing about the camera. The clicking noise while recording is loud enough to be heard annoyingly in all the video recordings. This has to be a flaw. I can't believe Casio would have thought this was acceptable. Has anyone contacted Casio? Certainly seems like we all have the problem(or consider it a problem)
Pedro2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2003, 6:39 PM   #6

I just took this off the Casio FAQ section:

Why do I hear a rattling sound in the audio when I play back movies recorded with the camera?

The camera will automatically adjust focus if you have Auto Focus or Macro selected as the focus mode when you record a movie. The focus adjustment operation is what causes the rattling sound. If you want to eliminate the rattling, select either manual focus (MF) or infinity as the focus mode when recording movies. Note, however, that if you select manual focus (MF), you will not be able to change the focus setting while recording is in progress. Make sure you focus correctly before you start recording.
Pedro2u is offline   Reply With Quote