Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Mar 26, 2007, 1:59 PM   #1

My casio QV -4000 fell down and when I try to take still pictures it only gives while screen with stripes. Other functions e.g movie mode is working fine. If some body now how to fix or how to open the front side of camera please let me know. I managed to open the back side of camera but not the front side. Thanks
tarzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2007, 1:22 PM   #2
Administrator

I think you'd be wasting your time.

This is a very common symptom with a CCD failure (overexposed image with lines through it, movie mode still works fine). See one of the images on this page for an example:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html

Chances are, something got damaged with one of the connections inside of the sensor, although another connection could have been broken or a crack in a circuit board could be causing it. In any event, I think you'd be wasting your time trying to fix it yourself.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 1:36 PM   #3

Thanks, Do you know from where I can get it fixed, I live in Winnipeg, Canada.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 1:45 PM   #4
Administrator

As a general rule, with a digital camera as old as your QV-4000, it would cost you more to get it fixed than you could buy another for on the used market.

I don't know what Casio's current pricing would be.

But, most manufacturers are going to charge a minimum of around $200 to fix anything wrong with a digital camera, regardless of parts cost. In the event of a sensor failure, you've also got things like recalibration of the Autofocus and more to consider.

It probably wouldn't hurt to ask them though, This is the contact information for repair of Casio cameras in Canada:

CASIO SERVICE CENTRE LTD. 141 McPherson Street
Markham, Ontario L3R 3L3
Phone: 1-800-661-2274
Phone: 905-248-4400
Fax: 905-248-4422
Email Address: [email protected]
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday
9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 3:33 PM   #5

Is there any pictures showing how to open front side of camera. As I was able to take one picture out of 100 tries. May be only some thing is loose and I may fix myself if I can open the camera from front side, as I was able to open back side of camera and did not find any loose part.
Old May 7, 2007, 10:30 AM   #6

Is there any pictures showing how to open front side of camera. As I was able to take one picture out of 100 tries. May be only some thing is loose and I may fix myself if I can open the camera from front side, as I was able to open back side of camera and did not find any loose part.