Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 7, 2003, 1:28 AM   #1
TJS

Default EX-Z3 color saturation issue

Is it possible to increase the color saturation , or contrast settings in the custom settings in this camera? Or do any of the pre-set settings affect those attributes? I like many things about the camera, but most of the sample images I have seen look a bit flat for color and it would be nice to customize those traits if possible.

Also, does anyone have any comments about the cradle usage? Is it as easy as it looks and does it save the time it appears it might?

Thanks, Tomas :roll:
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2003, 3:24 AM   #2

My Z3's color saturation is ok, you can use computer programs to change saturation.

The cradle also is okay - but I'm using it seldom, better is a separate charger, which you can buy for some bukazoids.

A second battery makes the Z3 suited for long photosessions.

Look my "Z3-equipment"

Z3 equipment

Z3 pictures
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2003, 9:49 AM   #3
TJS

Default Z3 color saturation issue

Donal - thanks for the response -

Your attached pictures all look very good in terms of color saturation, but the other samples I have seen on the web, ie from Steves or Daves Pics, look more washed out. Are yours better because of the selection modes you use? Also, does the custom selection allow for modifying the contrast and saturation? Do you use those functions and are they really beneficial or just a sales gimmick? It appears that there are not too many manual options on the camera, but I thought those might take care of some of those preferences.

Also, one of the big benefits I thought of the design is the cradle, since it would appear much quicker to just stick the camera in the cradle to do the charging and uploading than to have to remove the battery and SC card to do the same thing. Why do you find it more desireable to do that? I'm thinking of the more long term usage where I might shoot a few shots at a time - it seems like a more effecient way to go, or do you have the external charger to use for a spare battery? That would make sense, especially if you take a lot of photos at a time.

I am also comparing this with a few other cameras - the Canon S230 and S400's and the Pentax Optio S , which are all ultra compact, and he Canon A70 which is a compact. Do you have any opionions about the comparative value of the Z3 relative to them?
The A70 has a lot of great features for about $100 less, but is almost too large for regular carrying, but I noticed that you have a carrying case - so if that is how you usually use it then maybe the slight additional size may not matter (if you put the case on your belt). How much do you actually carry the Z3 in your pocket or is there an issue of getting scratched by coins or keys?

Tomas
TJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2003, 4:53 PM   #4

I bought a second battery - both last a long time ... using a Lexar 256mb SD card. I also use a XdriveII/40gb for all my memory cards - CF/SD/MMC/SMC and xD with CF adapter.

I don't have a seperate charging station - so I use the cradle, but only for charging.

I think, Z3 is a nice, handy camera - I take pictures each day.

For photo trips I have a CANON 10D with SIGMA/TAMRON/TOKINA lenses and a 1.7x SOLIGOR converter. But this equipment is much heavier :-)
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote