Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 7, 2007, 10:53 PM   #1

I need to know how to open up the s600 to clean the sensor lens. I've cleaned the outer lens but still have a dust particle show up whenever i zoom something. I can open the casing fine but dont know how to open the lens mechanism.
LocDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2007, 8:12 PM   #2

The lens is opened from the back. So, the first step is to remove the lens assembly from the camera. There are two ribbon cables on the lens. These attach to the circuit board, left of the lens. Using a small screwdriver, flip up the little brown "latches" that hold the cable end in place.

Then, the lens is held in place by three clips. There's one at about 4 o'clock, and another at about 11 o'clock. Popping it out of these two clips is good enough to remove the lens assembly.

Next, flip the lens over, and you'll see two small silver screws that hold in a part with the bigger ribbon cable. This is the CCD.

Let me know if you need more help. Good luck!
jayfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2007, 12:15 AM   #3

I tried the tips you mentioned and thanks. I would've never found that clip at the 11 o'clock position. After removing the CCD lens, I found that the other lens had dust on it also, cleaned that too. Everything seems to be working (yes, I even put it back together and got it to work). I only have 2 extra parts: a black rectangular rubber piece with a small hole in it and a silver washer. The CCD lens had 3 screws and a I put a washer back underneath them. Thanks for the help )
LocDown is offline   Reply With Quote