Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 13, 2007, 6:32 PM   #1

http://www.viddler.com/roadster/videos/14/

the casio ex-v7 whippany train mesuem site.

Here is some photo/video footage of a train site in Whippany NJ at 6 am? it is a local and historical site? enjoy the video.

my photos seemed blurred like this post wonder if my eyes needs adjusting or the camera? a excellent low light hybrid this is?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 14, 2007, 5:28 AM   #2

Here are some pic samples:

Shot with EX-V7 at 2007-07-14

Shot with EX-V7 at 2007-07-14

Shot with EX-V7 at 2007-07
Old Jul 23, 2007, 6:26 AM   #3

I don't have the v7 but with my s600 if I did video with macro on, it came out blurry compared to without.
LocDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2007, 6:38 PM   #4

yes I know the machro is off and al works fine? but some say the v7 is a defect off the line
Old Jul 24, 2007, 5:30 PM   #5

The first photo is at 1/4 second and the others at 1/3. You can't handhold that camera at that speed. I answered the same question in the other post – the answer will stay the same regardless of how many times you post them. You didn't have enough light to take those photos without a tripod.

A stabilized Canon or Panasonic with an eyelevel viewfinder might have gotten those shots, but even then 1/3 second is a push and requires a really steady hold. The combination of the V7 having a totally ineffective stabilization and no eyelevel viewfinder combines to require a much higher shutter speed – which requires more light. You did an excellent job of holding the camera steady BTW.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/casioexv7/page12.asp
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 6:40 PM   #6

SLipe I do appologise if I repeated a post?

thank you for the quick reply and response back? It explains alot? that this camera is not the best one to own?

Guess Owning my olympus 490z i gotten use to A point and shoot?

well Just heard sis with the dawg , so I quickly and paitiently snapped shot with PET mode

ISO 200 F3.4 1/40 looks good but with my other one in a indoor shot it is a blur for sure? as again I held strong?

I may cash in or review the two you mentioned? i may be a simple person that requires simple things today LOL

Shot with EX-V7 at 2007-07-24

Old Jul 24, 2007, 9:47 PM   #7

Either you are as steady as a rock or dpreview misjudged the stabilization. Those are nice handheld shots for that shutter speed, especially considering you were holding it out using the LCD rather than the steadier hold with a viewfinder. I blew the first shot up and couldn't detect a lot of motion blur. It was either slightly out of focus or the lens really sucks. Focus Magic didn't detect any motion blur either, but detected a couple pixels of out-of-focus blur. It sharpened it up nicely with Focus Magic. The image is also a little soft.

I had just looked at the EXIF info and decided the softness must be from the slow shutter. I think that stabilization is working better than reviewed. But I think this quote from the review might be accurate: "Most images look soft, lack biting detail".

I hope you don't mind that I played with your photo. This is the third shot with Focus Magic and some sharpening. I think it looks great for a handheld shot in that light. The light outside the station gives an idea how dark it was.

You might look at the Panasonic TZ3. It isn't quite as small but the stabilization and lens are excellent.

Attached Images

Old Jul 25, 2007, 1:04 PM   #8

Slipe i do not mind at all.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"it is a matter of movemen for sure? when you press a shutter button you will move? so I bet if you Squeeze the life out of the camera, and have a feather index finger may be a solid shot

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"1 ifI remember back you are righton the money with the mourning time it was a summer peak 6 am now the mournings are geting lighter a tab later, or the weather happens to bechanging?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"2 I do love the cam. it has issues , that we agree on. I like the movie mode for sure , firework show the sound was not BOOM but pop LOL pics come out not all but most. so I am happy so far

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"have fun foolingaround wit hth pic it is awesome and clear?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I may look into a Sony or other do no know yet, and not giving up

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"thought there be a lil more than one in here LOL
Old Jul 26, 2007, 3:30 PM   #9

Quote:
it is a matter of movemen for sure?
I don't think so. I could detect no motion blur at all when I blew it up. Neither could Focus Magic. I might have been able to find a little using the full sized image, but it would be minimal.

As I said, my first reaction was to look at your shutter speed and think that there was no way you could take that shot with that camera at that speed. I stand corrected. You did an excellent job of holding the camera steady and the stabilization seems to work on your camera a lot better than dpreview reported. There is no way that you should be able to hold the camera at that speed and get a sharp photo without effective stabilization at 1/3 second.

Steve has gotten some bad cameras. I remember one that the photos were just awful. Pentax sent him another camera and he updated his review. It is possible that dpreview got a camera with the stabilization not working properly. But unless those shots were taken with a tripod the stabilization seems to work well on your camera.

My edit of your last shot involved no correction for motion blur. I corrected for a little lens blur, but that isn't a result of hand motion when you took the photo. That is an exceptionally sharp shot at 1/3 second using a camera without an eyelevel viewfinder. The other two gave me the same results. I would have a hard time consistently getting shots without motion blur at 1/3 second with my stabilized large Panasonic camera with an eyelevel viewfinder – and I know the stabilization works well on that.

Confirm you didn't use a tripod.

Old Jul 26, 2007, 8:00 PM   #10

no tripods

now today I used a tripod with video and yes I see some movement and the camera has certain issues not worried? I may be needing glasses hm my near vision is weak LOl seriousso it may look blurr, but a member confirms th shot i taken of us which is bussines more personal, and it is not the best but passable?

thanks a million