Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 27, 2007, 5:11 PM   #1

This is probably a general hardware question - about how to detach an lcd ribbon cable from the lcd screen - but in case it matters much I am referring to a Casio ex-Z50.

I cracked the LCD screen, bought a broken z50 with a non-broken LCD, and am trying to swap the screens. I have the cameras apart, but now I'm stuck.

I see the ribbon cable going from the LCD screen to a port on the green (PCB) board of the camera. It looks like the end of the cable attached to the screen itself is glued or something (it is just stuck on there and clear) - so I assume I don't mess with this part. The other end of the cable goes into a little port on the camera board. It reminds me very much of a computer IDE cable going into a computer motherboard. Those you just pull out and can push back in. I tugged on this ribbon cable a bit hoping it was that easy, but it didn't seem to budge. I didn't pull harder for fear of breaking off or otherwise damaging the port if I am missing something (perhaps this is glued on as well?).

How do you detach the screen from the camera? Once I do that I should just be able to plug the new LCD screen in and reassemble right? But as of right now that is the last little thing preventing me from fixing it =/

Any help would be awesome!! I've looked around but can't find an answer to this anywhere...

Thank you!
Rokuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2007, 4:50 PM   #2

Rokuk wrote:
Quote:
This is probably a general hardware question - about how to detach an lcd ribbon cable from the lcd screen - but in case it matters much I am referring to a Casio ex-Z50.

I cracked the LCD screen, bought a broken z50 with a non-broken LCD, and am trying to swap the screens. I have the cameras apart, but now I'm stuck.

I see the ribbon cable going from the LCD screen to a port on the green (PCB) board of the camera. It looks like the end of the cable attached to the screen itself is glued or something (it is just stuck on there and clear) - so I assume I don't mess with this part. The other end of the cable goes into a little port on the camera board. It reminds me very much of a computer IDE cable going into a computer motherboard. Those you just pull out and can push back in. I tugged on this ribbon cable a bit hoping it was that easy, but it didn't seem to budge. I didn't pull harder for fear of breaking off or otherwise damaging the port if I am missing something (perhaps this is glued on as well?).

How do you detach the screen from the camera? Once I do that I should just be able to plug the new LCD screen in and reassemble right? But as of right now that is the last little thing preventing me from fixing it =/

Any help would be awesome!! I've looked around but can't find an answer to this anywhere...

Thank you!
What's wrong with the newly acquired, non broken camera? If it's a broken lens assembly, it has been said here several times that it maybe easier to transplant your intact lens assembly into the one with intact LCD than trying to change the LCD.
itsme000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:53 PM   #3

Hey i found this site that is great on how to change a LCD for the camera

http://digitalcamerarepair.googlepages.com
dcr1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 10:43 PM   #4

Where can I find tips on replacing the lens assembly on a casio EX-S500 ? I have the cracked lens and bought one with a broken lens, so sounds like I'm on the right track but can't see how to remove the lens assembly, got the camera apart...
petromon13 is offline   Reply With Quote