Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Oct 25, 2007, 5:58 AM   #1

I recently, mistakenly, bought a damaged Z120 when I intended to purchase a damaged Z750.

I was looking to try out repairing a camera, and this model seemed like a pretty suitable choice because it was more accessible at a lower price point compared to other camera models that I was interested in.

Now, I'm just realizing that there aren' that many damaged Z120's available, or if there are, they have faulty lenses as well. On the other hand, there are plenty of faulty Z750's with lenses that are in great condition.

So I was just wondering if these two lenses would be interchangeable.

I was reading a bit about these two cameras and it's been said that they use the same lenses and CCD sensor.

Just wanted to check and ask here before purchasing a donor camera.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-BC-
turtledude558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2007, 7:21 PM   #2

Hi everyone, just wanted to say nevermind. I fixed the camera!

I just want to tell the little story I have about getting this camera to be in full working order.

So, the camera arrived on my doorstep and when I opened it and tried to power it on, it immediately stated lens error. The lens had come out about 0.20 of an inch, then just went back in. So I decided to try hitting the camera lightly onto the palm of my hand to get it to open. It worked! The camera lens extended and I was able to take pictures! But then next, a disappointment came up. Upon trying to power the camera down, the lens did not retract fully, and got stuck about 1/2 way. I powered it on again and it threw a lens error, so I decided to lightly push it in. The lens immediately went back in and all was well again. The lens errors were getting less and less upon every time I powered the camera on, which led me to believe that there was something caught in the lens itself.

Right now, the camera is sitting on my dresser after being powered on and off successfully numerous times without any lens errors or mishaps.

turtledude558 is offline   Reply With Quote