Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 28, 2008, 4:46 AM   #11

depends on the quality of the hd video footage, if thats on a parr with other hd video cams, then could be well worth it ie no hd camcorder currently does from a digicam perspective what the casio does either, plus some dslr's cant do the burst like this can!! irrespective of what you think high speed burst a 6 megapixel is a very nice feature, for many 6 megapixels is enough if the iq is there?
Adventsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2008, 1:11 AM   #12

It shouldn't take long for Casio to realize they aren't going to move many cameras out the door at $999. I imagine the street price will drop pretty quickly.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 6:54 AM   #13

Sorry for the delay getting back, have been busy.

Adventsam wrote:
Quote:
depends on the quality of the hd video footage, if thats on a parr with other hd video cams, then could be well worth it ie no hd camcorder currently does from a digicam perspective what the casio does either, plus some dslr's cant do the burst like this can!! irrespective of what you think high speed burst a 6 megapixel is a very nice feature, for many 6 megapixels is enough if the iq is there?
I agree, the extra features are likely to appeal to some people and are nice for marketing to gadget freaks, but for practical use they are limited. I hope that the quality of video is better, because as people point out, an normal video camera should be easier to use. I hope they drop the price or update it through firmware.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2008, 4:54 PM   #14

http://www.ambarella.com/news/press_..._01282008.htm2

Notice that they can capture at 480mps. They support up to 8mp, but video is up to 1080p60.

I wrote in suggestions for that Casio site on this camera, and recommended these people, pity the camera did not have something like this. Should be cheap and low powered. Imagine when these people get 8mp at 60fps, another 3 years maybe.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 5:02 PM   #15

But for 1080p60 in Mpeg2 (or Jpeg replacement) they could do 50-100Mb/s, double for Jpeg. I wonder if the Casio, or ambarella a390, can be programmed for that?
Old Feb 28, 2008, 8:08 PM   #16
my1

At last I found sample pics:

http://gizmodo.com/341634/casios-exi...second-gallery

It's pity that they are not 6 MPix. I'd like to examine the quality. I guess because of plastic (not glass) optics the quality would be bad.
my1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 5:37 AM   #17

There are more at the official Casio website for it. The pictures look nice, little dark on the shadows.