Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 23, 2008, 3:37 AM   #1

I've just posted an F1 movie. Info on these F1 clips are with the movie.

http://exposureroom.com/members/DVC....a53658e04bd19/
LV_DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2008, 11:28 AM   #2

The f1 is the closest camera yet to get close to what consumers want in terms of ahd-hybrid stills cam with quality stills and clipsin a very manageable file size. I truly liked the f1 but the lack of an is lense and the hunting of the focus made me sell it and try something else.

Why on earth all of these companies cannot provide an is lense based, non wobble(to be fair wobble on this cmos is the best controlled so far, wonder why!)camcorder is beyond me.

I enjoyed the video and if you can live with the lack of image stabilisation, then the f1 is a very special camera. To be honest I've tried just about everything else, including the new SX1 and you arent missing anything. The only alternative is possibly the new sony sr12/sanyo hd1010 or maybe the canon hf100, this as a pure vide cam at 24p is the best consumer grade at low-light, I dont know myself havent tested it, but it is rated very very highly, but it doesnt shoot stills like the f1, nothing does!
Adventsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2008, 1:44 AM   #3

Supposedly the F1 uses EIS -- you can hear the CMOS chip being moved by servos. But, it isn't great and it doesn't help the lens is way too long. I wish they had a selectable stop at 3X (135mm)!

There is no focus hunting or exposure hunting. I guess I'd better post my tutorial at this site.

I can't believe the interest in the D90.

PS: I've yet to see any wobble.
LV_DVC is offline   Reply With Quote