Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 19, 2009, 12:34 AM   #1

Default Blurry & Super Bright Picture of S770

Hi I had Casio S770 my problem is when I took a picture outdoor or with a bright background the picture are so bright and i dont even see the object, sometimes theres a picture but it was blurred. But at night when i use, it seems to be okey. I don't know the reason why.. I even finish reading the manual and adjust all the settings but still doesn't help. Hope you could help me....
babyliscano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2009, 1:00 AM   #2

By your wording, I'm not quite sure what you're seeing in the problem pictures.

...my problem is when I took a picture outdoor or with a bright background the picture are so bright and i dont even see the object...

Does this mean that the pictures are so overexposed (bright) that the subject can't be seen, or that the camera underexposes (darkens) the subject due to the bright background?

For the blur problem, it could be motion blur from using too slow a shutter speed for the conditions or improper focus.

It would help to post a picture suffering from the exposure problem and the blur problem so that others can see exactly what you are seeing. Otherwise, we can offer general information, but I, at least would need a bit fuller description of what your problem shots look like.

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 1:34 AM   #3

....Does this mean that the pictures are so overexposed (bright) that the subject can't be seen....

Yes, that's what I meant.

Maybe tomorrow I could post a picture of both. So that you could help me...

Thanks...
Old May 20, 2009, 3:50 PM   #4

Menu then Set Up. Go to Reset, scroll right then the up to highlight Reset. Hit the Set button. This resets the camera to factory defaults.

With everything set to factory default and in normal snapshot mode (not best shot) it should take good outdoor photos. If not you probably have a camera problem. Dave at Imaging Resource says the camera tends to slightly underexpose in bright daylight, so if it is grossly overexposing with factory defaults you likely have a problem.

Post and example as granthagen suggested if you still have the problem after resetting the camera.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2009, 10:03 PM   #5

I already try to reset set it but still it doesn't help. Here are the example picture.
Attached Images

Old May 21, 2009, 1:07 AM   #6

Slipe may well be right about there being something wrong with your camera.

There are weird horizontal lines in the shot of the girl and horizontal banding also. I don't see that in the garden shot, but it might show up if it were the same size as the other pic.

If you've reset the camera to its factory defaults and are not using any exposure compensation, you shouldn't be getting exposures like that.

Sometimes it helps with clearing certain electronic problems if you take the batteries out and leave them out for a day or so. This will give any built-in battery the camera has to hold user data between normal battery changes time to discharge. These batteries can allow circuits in the camera to retain glitches that develop. It's a long shot, but it could help.

Does the scene look any better on the camera's LCD monitor before you take the picture or does it look bright and washed-out too? If the LCD looks more normal, I'm wondering whether a corrupted memory card could cause this problem. If the scene looks good on the monitor before you take the picture, try a different card just for the heck of it.

You may have to end up sending these shots to Casio Tech Support. They would be the most familiar with how different camera glitches show themselves.

Let us know how things work out!

Grant
Old May 21, 2009, 12:15 PM   #7

I don’t know of any setting that would cause that. But just to be clear you can’t reset by just highlighting Reset in the Set Up menu and hitting the Set key. You have to enter the reset menu and highlight Reset a second time before hitting the Set button.
You can check the card by removing it. The camera will then use the internal memory. You might want to lower the quality to economy since the internal memory only holds one full sized fine image. But it would still let you know if the card might be the problem.
It is curious that it takes good flash photos. That is why I wanted to check that you did the reset right.
Old May 22, 2009, 1:31 AM   #8

Slipe....

....You have to enter the reset menu and highlight Reset a second time before hitting the Set button....

I already tried it.

......You can check the card by removing it. The camera will then use the internal memory. You might want to lower the quality to economy since the internal memory only holds one full sized fine image.

Actually the picture with the girl is save on the internal memory. Where can I find the economy quality?

Granthagen

......Does the scene look any better on the camera's LCD monitor before you take the picture or does it look bright and washed-out too? If the LCD looks more normal, I'm wondering whether a corrupted memory card could cause this problem. If the scene looks good on the monitor before you take the picture, try a different card just for the heck of it.

Yes it looks good in the LCD monitor before I took the picture.

.....If the scene looks good on the monitor before you take the picture, try a different card just for the heck of it.

I also tried this but the outcome still the same.

.....You may have to end up sending these shots to Casio Tech Support. They would be the most familiar with how different camera glitches show themselves.

I did it, they told me that the problem is the lens itself and it is quite expensive to replace the lens, it cost almost a brand new casio camera...

Anyway guys thanks for all the help....
Old May 22, 2009, 10:44 PM   #9

"...Yes it looks good in the LCD monitor before I took the picture..."

Interesting that they say the lens is the problem when the LCD image looks good. Presumably, the LCD is getting its display image from the lens...?

Usually with these types of cameras, nearly anything that goes wrong outside of the warranty period is going to cost a significant fraction of the replacement cost. So, whether it's the lens or a chip, the best option may well be replacement.

Grant
Old May 23, 2009, 10:00 AM   #10

I don’t see how it can have a bad lens and still take good flash photos. Something seems to be wrong with the processor and it will be overly expensive to repair in either case.