Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 10, 2010, 6:38 PM   #1

Default Fantastic Casio EX-F1

Ii am so excited with this wonderful camera that was really never advertised. Just so you know, i do know some cameras, I have a leica M8 and a Nikon D300 among others. This Casio is amazing. I printed the manual so i could study it more. The lens is very sharp and it will shoot 60 frames per second for stills. It has many wonderful features. If I had to have just one camera, i think this just might be it. I have not tried the movie feature , which it is know for. That must really be amazing.

Anyone else having a love affair with this camera?
caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2010, 7:33 PM   #2
Super Moderator

i have not used that camera myself.

but medical researchers who do biomechanics research will often use that camera for their high speed filming. and they are all very much pleased with it. i read quite a few user reports on the biomechanics listserv.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2010, 9:44 PM   #3

I have this camera and lately I have been disappointed by Casio lack of support for users who spend a 1000$ for a point and shoot.
-Video for bit rate is to low (HD and high speed modes)
-Adjustable bitrate
-No Auto focus in high speed shooting
-Slooooow auto focus
- Exposure locks when in H/S shooting.

--------------
Wish list for this camera, switchable video size base on frame rate. High speed video would be nice if it was at a DVD resolution.

I only use this camera in video mode, so I can't really comment on the IQ of the stills, but the ones I did snap off I wasn't that impressed with.
On reflection if I had the chance to buy it again. I would stick to my Canon S3. I find the video much nicer to convert to DVD.

I sent Casio an email about adding some features that I'd thought help improve this camera and no response from Casio. You'd think spending that kind of cash you would get a response.
I'm not a Brand loyalist, if I was I would not be loyal to this name.
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 1:45 AM   #4

I guess it depends on what you do with the camera. I have not even tried the video. I shoot hummingbirds among other things and i am pleased with the speed and the sharpness of the lens. I find it good for general walk around shooting also.
Caryl
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 8:38 PM   #5

Humming birds... now that's an interesting subject for that camera. Here in the big city the only thing that moves that quickly is our politicians mouths. Alas no humming birds to be found here
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 12:50 PM   #6

Default Sounds like a fun camera

I remember handling that camera when it first came out a couple of years ago. I wished I could afford one, but ... Luckily, last year, a close out sale at a local store brought its successor, the FH25, into my price range. It's great for daytime sports action pics.
Enjoy your FH1 - It's a classic!

Last edited by robbo; May 22, 2010 at 12:53 PM.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 4:13 AM   #7

I make sure about this.that's an interesting subject for that camera. Here in the big city the only thing that moves that quickly is our politicians mouths. Alas no humming birds to be found here.