Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Mar 14, 2004, 1:26 AM   #1

Default Actual Casio EXilim EX-P600 Samples

hi all,

Got this 2 days ago at Casio's 1st worldwide launch at Singapore's IT Show 2004. It was selling for S$1099(US$649) but they throw in a 256SD Card, Tripod, Crumpler Bag, Lanyard, Cleaning Kit.

Here are some samples. Will post more in the coming week. Hopefully night scenes and also pics from the Show.

http://lesade.funtigo.com/

Thanks,
Lesade
lesade is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2004, 10:16 AM   #2

Default Cool Camera!

That's such a cool camera!!! Nice pictures!!!

Hi!! I also bought a new Casio Z40 at the IT Show. I'm also very happy with the quality of the pictures. Casio all the way!!
SnowPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2004, 8:14 AM   #3

Can we have a view of the nite time shots please..... If they are good, I might even consider purchasing this camera myself..
angelo340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 3:28 PM   #4

Whats going on, where are the night time photos???
angelo340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2004, 5:11 PM   #5
Administrator

angelo340 wrote:
Quote:
Whats going on, where are the night time photos???
They are already on the site, under the photo album choice "Night Scenes".

http://www.funtigo.com/lesade

Lesade is obviously a very skilled photographer. I would like to see the full size photos with EXIF to see more details (but the exposure, color, composition, etc. looks very nice -- thanks to Lesade's talent).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2004, 5:50 PM   #6

Hi all, long-time fan of Steve's Digicams here, but recent memer to the forum. I am considering the P600 (well, not so sure now with the P700 floating around... wonder when it'll hit US shores!), but I'm hesitating because of the night-time shot quality.

I find that most of my shots are taken indoors, in low-lit places. Err, in bars, in fact. That's where I tend to hang out with friends, and we end up getting toasted and taking goofy pics. Which is fun. Currently, I have a Canon S400. It's a great little camera, because it fits in my pocket, and I can take it to swanky bars and restaurants without it being cumbersome. Only, here's the thing. The S400 is not so great at night-time shots. Too much noise, and it's damn near impossible to take a shot without getting it blurry. My two options are to A) use flash, which is (1) embarassing in certain places, and (2) kills the atmosphere, or B) to use a tripod, which is obviously out of the question in restaurants and such.

Someone told me that the P600 takes decent night shots. The ones on this page look nice, but I wonder how it performs indoors. Can anyone put up some indoor low-lit no-flash pics? I'd be really interested to see how they turn out.

Anyway, thanks in advance. I'm seriously considering the P600, and it's cool to hear what people have to say about the camera on this forum.

olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2004, 5:02 AM   #7
djr

some very nice pics. I particularly like the night scenes.

olaf some of the exhibition shots look like they were taken without flash.

I must say the P600 is a very competent camera. Yes there is a 7 now but I have found that this one does everything and more that I need and realistically there is unlikely to be a hugely noticeable difference in quality between the two. given there will probably be a huge difference in price!
djr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 2:27 PM   #8

Plus consider the fact that 7MP on same size CCD will generate more noise.

I'd go with the P600 over P700 for sure!
dr150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2004, 7:57 PM   #9

dr150 wrote:
Quote:
Plus consider the fact that 7MP on same size CCD will generate more noise.

I'd go with the P600 over P700 for sure!

Actually this 7MP CCDis generating less noise than same size 5MP CCDs, not to speak 6.
mariusi is offline   Reply With Quote