Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jun 23, 2002, 3:06 PM   #11

I don't know if I am getting screwed. I think Casio does not want to fix the product at a reasonable cost to push people to new products. I think I was foolsh not to investigate warranty service and the after warranty costs for this product. I did not check on thier polices and this is an example of the buyer beware. I won't buy CASIO ever again and would encourage others to take that stand. The product is a throw away product and it was not my intent to buy a product like this. Learned lesson. Al
aljodoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2002, 3:19 PM   #12

If enough people read this post and all the replies.... there will be a lot of CANON cameras sold. And that's around the world. I know CANON will be my next camera and i bought a Timex watch today and threw away a perfectly good casio.
Jerry
J Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2002, 2:45 AM   #13

Default Casio repair again

Geez, I don't like what I am reading on these posts. I just mailed my camera to be repaired by Casio authorized repair center!!
The problem is that the built-in flash quit working. So I am praying they will not quote me some 250 bucks to fix it.
It's a nifty little camera but what good is it if the service is not satisfactory. I am about to spring for Sony F707 and I think that high quote from Casio will make it happen quicker. Thanks for everyones' comments, they were quite helpful.

Yukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2002, 10:22 AM   #14

Yukon...

Prepare to grab your ankles!

Verne
Verne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2002, 11:27 AM   #15

Default same problem

Just wanted to let people know that I'm experiencing the same problem with the same camera: the little door is broken and the camera is not working anymore. I'm glad I saw your message. Could you advise as to who you ended up buying the piece from? Thanks.
AnneF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2002, 11:38 PM   #16

Ann:
You don't give your location in your profile. So it's pretty hard to tell you what country Casio customer service ph# you should call and ask for "camera parts". Maybe you should start here...
http://world.casio.com/ find a ph# for your country, and go for it.
Let us know how you make out.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 11:44 AM   #17

Oops, sorry, forgot that detail. I'm in NYC. My problem is that I tried to call Casio and got nowhere with it. I got an endless series of recorded messages and never got to talk to anybody. I also called the numbers their web-site gave for parts suppliers and nobody seems to have the part I need. That's why I was eager to know where the person who did get the part bought it. I'll keep trying, but if anyone has any tip, please help. I'm desperate to get that camera working and very unwilling to pay 250 dollars to have it fixed, assuming I was even able to get through to Casio.
Old Sep 11, 2002, 8:50 AM   #18

Default Ann

I e-mailed Vern. Here's what he had to say.
"Can you post this, Jerry? I keep losing my passwords and it's a pain in the butt to reregister.

I hope Ann reads the entire post series above that as I have already said where I got the little door. I purchased it directly from Casio for about $1.50 and shipping. All she needs to do is contact them. I don't have a direct # for them as my call was transferred there after the "service" dept. told me what they wanted! A number for one of them ought to be found on the Casio website.

And thanks for your concern! A good guy you must be.

Verne"
I just recieved it.
Old Sep 11, 2002, 9:24 AM   #19

Jerry,
Indeed, thanks so much for your concern. I appreciate your help. I'll try Casio again and will let people know what happens.
Anne
Old Sep 11, 2002, 10:54 AM   #20

Hi everybody,
I finally got through to Casio. FYI, those in the US can call 973 361 54 00 , ext. 4141, to order parts. Be persistent, though. I was first told that the memory card slot cover (number 10012554) was not available and it was not known when it would be. When I insisted and asked to talk to someone who might know, the person said she would look again and call me back. Since she was probably the least friendly customer rep I had ever talked to, I didn't expect her to call back, but she did, an hour later, and she had found the part for me.
So thanks to all those who posted messages about this problem. It was invaluable.