Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jun 13, 2004, 11:51 PM   #1

im new to cameras and recently bought myself a qv-r51. i've been reading up on the forums under casio and read a lot of the exilim cameras, are those better cameras from casio??
dsitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2004, 11:30 PM   #2
Administrator

The QV-R51 is a great compact camera. The Exilim series are super-compact cameras about the size of a credit card, onlyfatter. Just depends on your needs. Personally I think the Exilims are too small but then I'm used to carrying several pounds of SLR around.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2004, 12:53 AM   #3

awsome, thanks for the help
dsitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2004, 10:12 AM   #4

I have had a QV-R40 and an EX-Z30 (also used the Z40). On the whole I find the QV range to have better photo quality indoors and less grain (but there is not that much in it). However I swapped to the Exilim range because I mainy use the camera on nights out and the QV-R40 was slightly too thick to slip in and out of jeans pocket without tugging. Also the shot to shot time with flash on the QV I found very unsatisfactory. I also like the docking cradle with Exilim. Basically as Steve said it depends what you want it for. I actually preferred the dimensions of the QV to use other than the pocket issue. I would recommend either.
ralphuk100 is offline   Reply With Quote