Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 21, 2004, 5:46 AM   #11

I love my p-600. I have not used for night scenes, but my other digital cameras also took time to process night scenes. I hope you are using a tripod. The quality of the image is what counts.

Cheers,

Bob
RobertinArabia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:33 PM   #12

DJR

hi, did you see any improvments when changing to the ultra card when shotting movie?

if its not to much to ask could ou send me an sample movie, a short one 5-10seconds to me to have a look, my email is [email protected]

thanks

anybody who can help me i would appreciate

cordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 11:04 PM   #13

How do you extract these .RAW files? I read somewhere that there was a way to do it via hidden menus? I really would like to get .RAW files out of this thing!!

BTW, I just bought it about 3 weeks ago, and have been satisfied thus far, but I also feel like I need to take a photography class to get the full benifits of it.
ssddyakno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:10 PM   #14

Warm regards from frozen Switzerland!

I just bought this camera, it's still in the box in my car, and I already have a few questions for you all:

One is if anyone can recommend a good direct printer (Pict-bridge compatible). I have an older ink jet at home, and am not impressed with that technology...is this Dye Sub any good? I basically don't want to ever see another photo lab in my life, and want to be able to connect the camera, or the SD card, and get a photo quality print out, without using a PC.

Next question is if the flash on the Pro 600 automatically adjusts itself for marco shots. (I know you have 3 strength settings, which you can manually set)

thanks, and see you soon,

Rob.
Rob Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 1:09 AM   #15

Rob Shot wrote:
Quote:
1)...recommend a good direct printer (Pict-bridge compatible) 2)....isDye Sub any good? 3)....the flash on the Pro 600 automatically adjusts itself for marco(sic) shots. (I know you have 3 strength settings, which you can manually set)
Hello Rob:

1. Canon i9900. US$499. Eight colors of ink. 13"X19" max.PQ outstanding IME.

2. No. Slow and expensive.

3. Mine doesn't. Solution is to shoot macro with sunlight or tungsten, with appropriate manually-set white balance. The 600 is glorious that way.

Cheers,

(Former)F2Guy
F2Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:33 AM   #16

Hi K8,

I'm glad to hear that someone has compared the regular memory to the Ultra II, now I'll make sure to get the Ultra II!

I'm about to recieve my P700 and was quite pleased to see that RAW mode was accessible on the P600 (I assume it will be on the P700 as well). I'm curious, what software are you using to read and play with the RAW images?

-Thanks, Rafael
rafman448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 7:06 AM   #17

I have the EX-P600

after just a year, the flash bulb burst into pieces. now i still don't know how much it'll cost me to have it fixed.

sometimes i wished i didn't play around with the manual control. it happened after changing shutter speed settings though i don't know if has something to do with it. i hope it's not a design problem co'z it'll make me think twice playing with the manual controls once it's fixed.
michelle_74 is offline   Reply With Quote