Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 12, 2004, 5:16 AM   #1

Hi all! I was just wondering if this was just me but does the Z40 seem to give more of a worse picture quality than the original Z4? I was looking to make a purchase on one of those but it just struck me odd to see that the Z4 gave higher quality pictures than the Z40. Is it just me? Thanks for your time.
blackcat1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2004, 6:20 AM   #2

I hope not, as I bought the ZX-40 due to good reviews of the zx-4. I can not find any reviews on the zx-40. I would have thought they are the same exept that the 40 has unlimited movie mode
dalick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 6:32 AM   #3

This would make sense as I was recomended by a photographer to buy my Z40 on the back of his purchase of a Z4. He was very impressed with the image quality for such a small camera. As i have mentioned I am VERY dissapointed with the optical quality of the Z40 to the extent where I would not recommend it to anyone. I wonder if they are using a lower quality lens.

Also I wonder about the truth of the manufactured Japan or China story as I have only found them with Made In China.

Anyway do not buy this camera, Casio UK are also not returning my calls of complaint
bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 7:21 AM   #4

Thanks for the info! They still both use the higher quality CCD imagery in BOTH cameras and visually, the same lens. I'm still deciding on purchasing this camera, just I'll think I'll wait until I find some opinions on this!
blackcat1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 11:25 AM   #5

Well things seem to have got worse, i just visited a site were customers can give feedback about these twomodels:http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Casio/

Thecasio z4 seems to have better reviews than the latest one. It seems odd.

I am now thinking of getting my money back but i will miss the unlimited movie mode
dalick is offline   Reply With Quote