Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Sep 23, 2002, 6:46 PM   #1

Default Casio Exilim camera's

I just read about casio's new model of the Exilim, the Ex-S2, which according to the news release today will be available at retail sometime in October. I live in the Washington, DC area and I cannot find any retail establishments, camera specialty stores or otherwise, who have even heard of this line of camera's. From what I've been able to gather from the web, the first model EX-S1 and M1 were available at retail in this past July. I can't find any dealers who have even heard of this camera.

There isn't even much representation on ebay! The few being offerred are all from Japan sellers. One seller even goes so far as to say this camera isn't available in North America. At this point, I'm inclined to believe him.

Any help with how to find one of these little cameras would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

DH
Springfield, Virginia
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2002, 10:58 AM   #2

Default Casio S1/M1

Fry's (outpost.com) carries this camera but is presently (9/28) out of stock. I have purchased the Pearl White version of the S1 from a seller (quilanf) on e-bay who is very reliable and fast (pur Thu rec Mon) from Japan for $280 +20S/H.
It's a great shirt pocket camera and takes a very respectable photo. I have also printed 8x10's on photo paper that are quite remarkable.
rayware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2002, 7:18 PM   #3

If you go to Steve's Digicam's homepage and click on "Digital Reviews", then select 2 Megapixel you will find a "Buy" button next to the Casio Exilim. This will link you to RitzCamera. They have the EX-S2 in stock for $299. Shipping is free and there is no sales tax.

I just got the Exilim S2 from RitzCamera.com. I'm just charging the battery for the first time so I can't say how well I like it yet.

-- Tammie
tam4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2002, 12:11 AM   #4

I was just at the World PC Expo here in Tokyo this weekend and Casio pulled all the stops for the Exilim.

If I find a place to put my pics online, I'll post a link here.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote