Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Oct 27, 2004, 7:23 AM   #11

Quick follow up to my own post.

I have received the casio case (Exilim EXZ-CASE1) and it fits the Z55 fine. Nice snug fit and looks good. The strap, from what i can tell, looks nice but is not very useful because it doesnt look too secure. I dont feel safe relying on a button fastener (on the case) or little flimsy clip (on the strap). I'll be putting the case on my belt instead.

I have received the USB2 card reader and the time it took to copy the contents of a full 512mb Sandisk Ultra2 SD card (purchased separately) dropped from approx 15 mins to little over 1 min.

The brand/model lettering across the top of the camera has now completely rubbed off through normal use. Personally I'm not bothered about cosmetics, and unless someone knows that there was lettering there to begin with then it wont be missed. This could however be a problem for some people in that the lettering breaks up into lots of tiny metalic fragments which could potentially get into the lens or battery compartment etc. Therefore I would advise anyone purchasing a Z55 to keep an eye out for this, and if it does happen then to rub the lettering off manually before it has chance to cause havoc.
GreenAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 12:10 AM   #12

GreenAlien, do you anything about the power rating and whether the camera can be used across different voltages from different countries?

danzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 7:18 PM   #13

danzo,

I dont's know much about international power supplies I'm afraid. All I can say is that I ordered my camera from Pixmania, which is a French company, and I'm located in the UK - the adaptor inside the Casio box has two prongs. There was an adaptor supplied by Pixmania which was located outside the Casio box, so it appears this was something Pixmania added by themselves to make the product compatible with the UK mains supply which uses 3 prongs.

According to the PDF manual for the Casio EX-Z55 (which can be downloaded from the Casio website) the adaptor you receive depends on the region the camera was purchased from. Here's a couple of quotes from page 2 of the manual.

"Note that the shape of the AC adaptor depends on the area where you purchased the camera."

"The shape of the AC power cord plug varies according to country or geographic area."

I'm sure if you took a look on google you'd find the info easily enough

I dont have access to the Casio box or power adaptor at the moment. I'll take a look tomorrow and if I find any further info I'll let you know.
GreenAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 7:19 PM   #14

GreenAlien,

I have been capturing video in quite loud environments, but when playing back on the Z55, you cant really hear it. The volume is really low and there doesnt seem to be a way to adjust this.

Is this the same as yours?
danzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2004, 8:54 AM   #15

Hello to all, it is for a long time that I must decide on the purchase of one digita them but is not easy. One what pero' is sure and that is it is that it wants one compact pocket. They are indeciso a lot between the Casio Z55, Panasonic FX7 but lately appeals to to a lot also the Sony to me P100 that regarding the others is little piu' large (little millimeters) but it has many characteristics in piu' and are: - Sensor from 1/1,8 against 1/2,5. - auxiliary Illuminator - Filmati 640x480 30 fot/s - Possibility of objects added to you to you. Optical ZEISS. The sony it has the lcd piu' small and it is little millimeters piu' large. In Italy Sony P100 it costs less of the Z55 and the FX7. Helped me in the choice. Thanks and hello
robyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 9:19 AM   #16

I bought a Z55 from Buyacamera.co.uk last week (good price!) and can't really fault it, I used the fireworks setting on Nov 5th and achieved some really good results, I suppose the other modes must work just as well.

I concur with other users that red eye is a problem buthaving worked in the industry for 20 years it is hard to see how cameras of this size will ever combat this problem.

I am amazed at the size and quality of the LCD, no it isn't as high a res. as I would have liked but in practical use the sheer size makes it worth the extra money.

My advice would be go ahead and buy on, nothing is 100% but this comes close!

CameramanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:36 AM   #17

danzo wrote:
Quote:
GreenAlien,

I have been capturing video in quite loud environments, but when playing back on the Z55, you cant really hear it. The volume is really low and there doesnt seem to be a way to adjust this.

Is this the same as yours?
My Z40 has the same problem. The clip will play fine on my PC though so it seems to be the speaker on the camera and not the recording. I took a video sequence in a friend's newplace and the friend was narrating from the couchas I walked around. Picked up everthing said just fine.
kcowan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 12:23 PM   #18

Z55 to the inside and with little light makes ugly photographies.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 11:41 AM   #19

Just a couple quick thoughts on S100 vs. Z50/Z55. In general, I am a big fan of the exilim series. Had the S2, S3, Z40, Z50, and just purchased the S100. I took both the S100 and Z50 on a recent trip to Disney. I was disappointed in two things with the S100 as compared to the Z50, low light focus lock and flash recycle time. The S100 would quite often fail to focus lock in anything close to a low light situation. The Z50 seemed much better. The flash recycle time also seemed to take 3-4 seconds longer than the Z50. I could be off a little as I didn't actually time the difference but it really stood out to me.

Picture quality on the S100 is fine for a 3MP camera. Size wise, with its various protusions, it did not feel too much different in my pocket than the Z50. I really want to like the S100. The look/feel of the camera is great. For me though, I plan to return the camera today for a Z55. The very slight size penalty in thickness for the Z50/Z55 justifies the extra resolution, low light focusing, flash recycle time, and battery life for me.
Casio Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 1:16 PM   #20

As saying also in an other post Also to me appeals to Casio Z55 but also FX7. In conditions of little light the persons say that Casio is not good and also in the photos in exteriors it does not put to fire the extreme parts of the photographies. She watches these examples of beautiful photos but with sfocature to sides. What tasks of this? FX7 in photo of inner is much best. Hello

http://www.pbase.com/mkb127/image/36671299

http://www.pbase.com/mkb127/image/36671301

http://www.pbase.com/mkb127/image/36671300