Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:04 PM   #1

OMG, some one please help me, should i take the camera back and get the sony cybershot that looks just like it. I have really bad fuzziness at low light..is that normal for all cameras?? And i cant figure the damn thing out. The instruction manuel sucks. I am ready to return it and i havent even got a chance to print a pic out...so i can only dream of what that will look like. I mean, with reviews and all, they say pics are comming out bad and ...shoud i just get he sony one....soem one please help me.....i wish i knew what i was getting.
zgurl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:32 PM   #2

Perhaps you should post some pics so we can see also - it's not made for low-light shooting and has trouble with focusing (as most reviews stat).

I
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:00 PM   #3

yah...maybe. Casio should probably stick to watches hehe...kidding!

Maybe it's good to just check reviews about the casio on the net, and then it can let you decide whether to keep it or not.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:09 PM   #4

My problem is that after reading the review here at Steve's and then reviews on the NET it sounded like a good camera - now I look here and all sorts of people are complaining.

I purchased one for my wife from Dell foe $250 and am wondering if I SHOULD switch it to a Z50 or 55 instead?

The Z55 actually has worse reviews on the web then the Z40.

Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:30 PM   #5

I purchased a Z-55, and I think it takes great pictures for the most part, although low-light conditions are a little fuzzy some times.
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:29 AM   #6

Remember no digital camera is perfect, the Z-40 has got good points and bad ones. But its all about what you want from your digital camera. The picturesof the z-40-55do come out soft and barral distortion is evident around the edges. Even if you don't agree with me, I can compare image quality as I have 3 digital cameras, and myold Nikon 3200 takes far better photos than the z-40. At the end of the day the Exilim cameras are very small cool looking but take average photos.
dalick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 10:15 AM   #7

Get the P-600 and you will have nothing to complain about. Solid, too many features to list, and great quality pictures.

Cheers,

Bob
RobertinArabia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:03 PM   #8

Well - yea - the P-600 is also $300 more then the Z40. I think if you spend more then twice what the origional is you BETTER get better pictures!
Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:24 PM   #9

And plus it has a canon zoomlens, notlike the other Exilim cameraswhich use the pentax zoom lens.I have noticed the same image problems in the pentax optio range which use the same lens as the z-40-50-55
dalick is offline   Reply With Quote