Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Feb 4, 2007, 4:05 PM   #21

Hi Sylvette

I have the same problem with my QV-R40. The outdoor photos become too bright. Is very strange because the LCD image looks ok before i take the photo. I saw that the histogram graph become different between the viewed image (before shot) and the recorded image (playback). The recorded image histogram graph shift the points to the right. I uploaded the firmware, remade many setup configurations but nothing. The problem remains. Do you have any news about your problem ? Thank you very much.

Fernando Branquinho from Brazil
branqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 6:35 PM   #22

Hi Ferdie,

I finally got the cam back last weekend after 4 months of waiting and constant follow-ups and thankfully it's back to its original condition. They had to replace and wait for the spare parts from singapore that's why it took them so long to have it repaired and returned.

regards,

SyL

Sylvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 2:54 PM   #23

Hi Sylvette

Could you tell me if this fitting was very expensive ?

Thank you very much

Fernando Branquinho
branqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 4:10 PM   #24

My cam was still under warranty when I took it to the shop where I bought it so I didnt pay anything on the repair..

Sylvette

Sylvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 4:45 AM   #25

My QV-R40 has had the 0e01 error message up for some time now, and I had despaired. But, now it's working, and I'm quite pleased about it. Here's a link to the site I went to....

http://www.oborona.net/stuff/qv-r40/eng/index.html

Pay particular attention to the last paragraph, where I think it is vital to reflash the camera.
The firmware is in zip format, if you're unsure as to how to unzip it, I've put the firmware on my yahoo site. The unzipped firmware can be found at....

http://uk.geocities.com/brian_1959_uk/QV-R40.bin

Some other tips that helped me......

Always have a memory card in
I wasn't sure where to upload the firmware to, so I put it in all the folders, then delete afterwards.

Hope all goes well for you guys!

Brian.
brian_1959_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2008, 7:23 AM   #26

brian_1959_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2008, 3:59 PM   #27

Hi,

Sorry I didn't explain how I fixed my camera.

Here is the link for the firmware: http://www.oborona.net/stuff/qv-r40/eng/index.html

As you can read, this page is quite badly written (translated from Russian). I can't remember where i've found the right (ans well-written) instructions, but the fact is that the URL mentioned above contains the right firmware.

Hope it will help...

Johann
Johann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:46 PM   #28

This firmware is not an update it is the original ver.1.00, Casio has not ever made any updated firmware available. That being said I guess reflashing with the same firmware has solved some peoples problems. My QR-40 is making a duplicate photo of every photo I take but at 320x240 when I upload them to PC using Photoloader or MS Photo Wizard. Maybe I should flash mine to see if I fixes it but it's not a big deal.

Also has anyone tried using a SD card larger than 256mb? I think you can go up to 1gb according to casio web site but they don't garrentee any brands that work.
Spec-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:04 PM   #29

The web site is badly translated so can someone tell me how to flash it? I got into the engineering menu but then it says to put the firmware on the sd card and after that it looses me, I don't know how to get it to say PROGRAM UPDATE yes / no.
Spec-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 3:37 AM   #30

Spec-V wrote:
Quote:
The web site is badly translated so can someone tell me how to flash it? I got into the engineering menu but then it says to put the firmware on the sd card and after that it looses me, I don't know how to get it to say PROGRAM UPDATE yes / no.
I remember that i had found better instructions on the Casio website (maybe for another camera), but i cannot find the page back...

Maybe it's a better idea to put the firmware in the internal memory, not on the SD Card (maybe it's what i did). Also, be sure to have fully charged batteries before the operation (very important!!!)

Maybe this document I'v just found may be helpful... or just better translated:

http://www.fotoservice.by/forum/inde...ost&id=154

(Note: PDF version is not available, click "HTML version")
Go to the "Program version Upgrading" section, and try again... carefully.

Regarding the SD card capacity, I use a 1 Gb Verbatim SD card since 2006, everything works fine.

See ya,

Johann is offline   Reply With Quote