Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 24, 2005, 3:31 PM   #101

ufitsy, do you have a DivX DVD player? If so, have you tried to change the FOURCC code with AVI FourCC changer found here:

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avifourcc.html

That piece of software will allow you to change what the computer reads as M4S2 to DX50 or DIVX (both the top and bottom have to be the same) so that your computer treats the Casio video as a DivX video. Thus, it might also work with DivX DVDplayers. So, if you have a DivX DVD player, try the experiment and let us know if it works.

By the way, the Casio video won't be destroyed if you change it to DX50 or Divx and it doesn't work because you can always change it right back to M4S2.

Anyway, I'm curious because if it works then I might invest in a Divx DVD player.

Thanks!
funtasticguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 12:46 PM   #102

Message removed by the author.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 7:25 PM   #103

I maybe wrong, but I doubt anyone is going to take their chances on your offer. Nothing personal, it's just foolish to trust people on the internet. I think your best shot is to just return one.
a4phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 4:15 AM   #104

It is possible that VirtualDub can not import the videos from the Casio EX-Z750? (avi M4S2 codec - Microsoft ISO MPEG-4 version 1.1)

Why Microsoft and/or Casio does not support an easy handling of this video format?
In a german forum other users reports that also this M4S2 videos do not play on different "DivX/MPEG-4 DVD-Video-Players".
This is sad; MPEG-4 is cool but why not using a real standard? I also fear a bad archiving possibility of this videos: who can play them in 20 years?

chrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 7:56 AM   #105

funtastic guy, I will try experiment for you hopefully tonight.
ufitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 12:04 PM   #106

If there weren't honest people on the internet, eBay wouldn't be where it is. I have a 100% feedback rating on ebay. I didn't list it there because the fees would have been more expensive than returning it.

I was just trying to save someone the hassle of getting one of these cameras. They are in great demand, and I ended up with two.

It's a shame, I really am a good, honest guy.

I did learn that I can just refuse the shipment from the seller. As long as the package comes back unopened they will take the return, no questions asked. Also, there is no return shipping fee. So I will do that and remove my offer to sell it.

The camera is no longer for sale.

a4phantom wrote:
Quote:
I may*be wrong, but I doubt anyone is going to take their chances on your offer.* Nothing personal, it's just foolish to trust people on the internet.* I think your best shot is to just return one.*
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 1:34 PM   #107

Look forward to your experiment results Ufitsy!

Chrus, you will need to convert your M4S2 Casio videos to DivX, Xvid, or 3ivx. The video converters that work are Stoik Video Converter, VideoCharge, and SuperAVConverter. Read my posts in:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=14

This is a feasible solution and I have been able to produce DVD and SVCD videos from Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus once I converted the videos to DivX and 3ivx (I prefer 3ivx).

Good luck!
Old May 26, 2005, 2:07 PM   #108

Finally! I was able to open the M4S2-avi's with VirtualDub.

Here my suggestions what to use/install:

- ffdshow-20041012

- VirtualDub

- XviD - open source MPG4

Activate M4S2 with ffdshow (thanks i4004!):
start->programs->ffdshow->vfw onfiguration->decoder->codecs
(you can see "m4s2" under divx4 entry. click on "disabled" and make it "libavcodec" / see Attachment)

Open in VirtualDub and export in the video format you like.

Now I only like to find the DVD-Player who can play the original M4S2-avis. Then I will be really happy!
Attached Images

chrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 6:05 PM   #109

Funtasticguy

Changed settings as suggested by yourself(used dx50 top & bottom)still will not play on divx DVD player (it is a toshiba SD340e). It is different in that previously it would not even see the file, it now sees the file, plays for the duration, but only outputs a static image of part of one frame + no sound - any suggestions.
ufitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 9:21 PM   #110

Ufitsy, try:

1."DIVX" top and bottom again.

2. "DIV3" topand bottom

3 And lastly, try "DIV4" top and bottom as well.

If neither of them work, then it means that it probably won't work at all.

Got my fingers crossed! :-)