Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 26, 2005, 10:15 PM   #111

OMike P wrote:
Quote:
Of course there are, andyou're probablyone of them . . . but you can understand people not wanting to bet $400 or so on that.
Quote:
If there weren't honest people on the internet, eBay wouldn't be where it is. I have a 100% feedback rating on ebay. I didn't list it there because the fees would have been more expensive than returning it.

I was just trying to save someone the hassle of getting one of these cameras. They are in great demand, and I ended up with two.

It's a shame, I really am a good, honest guy.

I did learn that I can just refuse the shipment from the seller. As long as the package comes back unopened they will take the return, no questions asked. Also, there is no return shipping fee. So I will do that and remove my offer to sell it.

The camera is no longer for sale.

a4phantom wrote:
Quote:
I may?be wrong, but I doubt anyone is going to take their chances on your offer.? Nothing personal, it's just foolish to trust people on the internet.? I think your best shot is to just return one.?
a4phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 8:53 PM   #112

Quote:

In addition to this, the specifications for the camera listed on Casio's website are not acurate. As I pointed out in another post, colour filters are detailed, but actually the camera does not have the menu option. (There is a workaround)

What's the workaround? Can you tell us in more details?
story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 5:06 PM   #113

Funtasticguy - sorry for the delay

All bad news i'm afraid tried all your permitations & none worked - great idea & worth a go. My Divx DVD player is now 12 months old, I think that some of the later ones may support M4S2 (orion?) sometimes the crappest & cheapest DVD players offer the best compatibility(sometimes!)(buyer beware)

Funtasticguy - thanks again for the tips. Casio - thanks for the Z750.
ufitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2005, 1:37 PM   #114

How does the Flash Assist work, and how well? Does it add a lot of noise?
Old Jun 8, 2005, 3:57 PM   #115

a4phantom wrote:
Quote:
How does the Flash Assist work, and how well? Does it add a lot of noise?

Flash Assist adds only a little bit of noise. It 'extends' the reach of the flash significantly through manipulation using the built into the camera software. Equally important..it significantly diminishes the brightness difference between the nearby flash lit subject and the distant background giving a more pleasing result. Of course you can easily turn Flash Assist off easily in the menu, should you wish to do so.
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 11:43 PM   #116

hey i was wondering.. would anyone know how to put our own .avi videos onto the sd card so that the exilim would play it?

I was thinking... why not use this as a portable video player? Watch a 30 min vid (1gb) or hour (2gb) vid on the exilim.
Does anyone know how to get this to work? Take a regular vid in say wmv or mpeg format, convert it to mpeg4/avi format, and rename it to CIMG####. I'm not sure how to do this. Any suggestions?
cliqstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 2:34 AM   #117

Thanks Jimr. Next questions - is resolution (pixels, not compression/quality) something that can be set to easily adjust with the R/L buttons? I can't imagine needing more than 3 mp for most shots, it would be nice to be able to bump it up to 7 for that dream shot and then quickly back down without delving through menus.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 9:28 PM   #118

I just got this camera yesterday ... it does not seem to allow resolution change via the left and right buttons. Only options for those are EV shift, WB, ISO, metering, and self-timer. It is fairly easy to change the resolution by cliking the EX button, then moving up or down to change, then the EX button again. If you previously were on another EX menu, you would also have to move left/right to select the resolution change menu.

One thing I noticed about the camera ... the digital zoom during movie mode does not appear to be 'smart' and grab more available detail from the 7 megapixel sensor when zooming in closer. Instead, the digital zoom just zooms in digitally on the 640x480 frame, which means it is 'almost' useless in that zooming in more than just a wee bit makes the picture quality quite terrible. Also, the zoom control makes very audible scraping and clicking noises when using the digital zoom. Overall I am very happy with this camera, but wish that I knew the movie zoom limitations before buying as my expectations were a little higher in hoping to get rid of my camcorder :-). See the following sample movie to see the digital zoom in action:

http://www.blueblender.com/sandbox/ex_z750_zoom.avi
(6MB file)
Michael F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 9:39 PM   #119

Resolution changes can be made using the menu (as is the case with every dc) and with the easy to use EX button found on the left side of the camera. I know of no other camera that has a simpler method. Digital zoom is never the best way to go with any dc. Use it sparingly and with as little digital zoom magnification as possible.
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2005, 6:50 AM   #120

I did not realize the Z750 had digital zoom. I always zoom optically just before pressing record button. Seems to work fine.
buddy1065 is offline   Reply With Quote