Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 3, 2005, 2:14 PM   #121

buddy1065,
I think all digital cameras now have digital zoom. Just don't use it.
a4phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 9:27 AM   #122

hello¬*are you aware of this new Quicktime M4S2 codec that was made by a japanese guy¬* ¬* ¬*¬* ¬*¬* ¬*http://emonkid.hp.infoseek.co.jp/EX_M4S2/index_e.html¬* ¬* ¬*¬* ¬*¬* ¬*easy¬*way to quickly edit a movie in Quicktime (Pro)
blues434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 7:24 PM   #123

Thanks Blues, I have two movies on my web page. The first was edited in Quicktime so it cannot be viewed on Windows Movie Player:

http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/iMovieTheater40.html

The second one is straight from the Casio here:

http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/iMovieTheater41.html

It can be downloaded to the PC and viewedon a Windows Movie Player. Otherwise it can still be seen on Quicktime for PC as long as you have the codec.
buddy1065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 7:31 PM   #124

Also note that quality is better when played in Windows movie player. Someone commented the first movie played in Quicktime had artifacts and was fuzzy, which it was, but I noticed the Quicktime movie was not set to high quality; my little laptop was unable to play the Quicktime edited first movie in HQ without slow framerates.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 9:03 PM   #125

ROAR!

A few days out of the box, my Ex-Z750 has a broken screen. The surface isn't even scratched, but the inside is broken into three pieces, only the bottom of which shows what it should. It was like this when I took it out of a padded case, and this camera has been absolutley babied, possibly to the point of breaking the commandment against worshiping idols! What do you suppose happened, and what can I do about it? I already emailed BHPhoto and Casio, does anyone have advice for dealing with them if they don't believe the camera hasn't been subjected to abuse? If neither will fix it for me, who should I go to? This camera cost a month's rent already.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 10:33 AM   #126

a4phantom wrote:
Quote:
ROAR!

A few days out of the box, my Ex-Z750 has a broken screen. The surface isn't even scratched, but the inside is broken into three pieces, only the bottom of which shows what it should. It was like this when I took it out of a padded case, and this camera has been absolutley babied, possibly to the point of breaking the commandment against worshiping idols! What do you suppose happened, and what can I do about it? I already emailed BHPhoto and Casio, does anyone have advice for dealing with them if they don't believe the camera hasn't been subjected to abuse? If neither will fix it for me, who should I go to? This camera cost a month's rent already.
House insurance ??? In the UK we have contents cover. Or buy travel insurance for a weeks holiday and claim off that. Technically fraud but you did ask..........

I have, and recommend, annual muti trip travel insurance and home insurance that covers all this type of thing. If i drop my camera its covered anywhere in the world. This time i also paid £30 for 3 years cover for the camera itself that covers any eventuallity and all the repairs even accidental. You could say i'm over insured but the travel insurance is needed anyhow as with the house insurance. The camera insurance is just cos it was so cheap and specifically made the camera fully covered.
tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 6:42 PM   #127

Hello, my first post here.

Last night when i was heading home from nightclub I took my first nightshots
with my lovely Casio EX-Z750.
Most of them turned out looking more like a painting or something...
I am wondering did I do something wrong (except going to a nightclub on thursday)
or should it really look like this? Actually I kind of like the picture, even though it looks so surreal and not so sharp.

Saturation, Contrast and Sharpness were all set to -1,
"Exposure: 2s Aperture: f/4.0 Focal length: 7mm"
and some sharpening and auto levels in photoshop.

The very similar original pic without any postprocessing and straight
from the camera can be found here (Warning: 3mb):
http://cajanek.1g.fi/kuvat/Tampere/CIMG1259.JPG/full

- Cajanek

Attached Images

Cajanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 10:16 PM   #128

Wondering if you looked into the various "best shot" modes, especially the night scenes. The colors look very saturated, but I must admit it does look nice that way to me also. In any case, saturation can be toned down further in camera. Love your shot though.:-)
Old Jul 15, 2005, 11:52 PM   #129

Ha, maybe that's how reality should look. I'm no expert, but digital cameras and especially ultra compacts like our baby seem to very rarely manage low lighting well. My suggestion would be to just take the picture many times and hope one or two turn out well. At least the Z750 has an autofocus illuminator, the absence of which has been a weakness in the exilim line till now.

As for my problem, BH Photo took it back and will send me another. They even paid for return shipping.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:51 PM   #130

a4phantom wrote:
Quote:
Ha, maybe that's how reality should look. I'm no expert, but digital cameras and especially ultra compacts like our baby seem to very rarely manage low lighting well.

As for my problem, BH Photo took it back and will send me another. They even paid for return shipping.
Nice one,,,,,well done getting it swapped out.
tweety is offline   Reply With Quote