Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 19, 2005, 7:15 PM   #131

Thanks Tweety. BH Photo seem like good folks, they're about as cheap as any of the reputable dealers and have excellent customer service. I plan on making all of my big ticket purchases with them, although I think I have everything I need for now.

Ok, so what's the differenc between normal 640X480/ 30fps video and HQ, other than that HQ is twice as big? I assume it's less compressed, but normal looks good to me, has anyone seen a difference to justify the file size?
a4phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 4:45 AM   #132

Hey Cajanek! Your pic look pretty like a screenshot from a new 3D-Shooter Game :roll:
chrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 8:17 PM   #133

I am thrilled with this camera. The small size make s it easy to drop into my shirt pocket. The controls are brilliant, the LCD is just magic and having the viewfinder is a plus. Most small cameras like this don't run to a viewfinder.

I have had many, and I mean many cameras, Sonys, Fujifilm and Canon and this is my pick. The 7.2 megapixel is fantastic for cropping etc.

I wish there was a book of some description on using it many features. A "casio Z750 for Dummies" type book, to help guide you though all the various settings. To get the best on the manual, which is on CD you have to print out the 250 pages.

I give it 120%.
kiwigray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 8:25 PM   #134

I agree. Although . . . when viewing video on my computer, it pauses sometimes, both on the normal and HQ settings. my computer has a 1gig processor, a 64mb video card, and a ton of RAM. I'm running video on windows media player on a fully updated WinXP Home. Anyone know what the problem si?
Old Aug 15, 2005, 4:53 PM   #135

It might be you are not using a high speed SD card when filming ?
deanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 6:32 PM   #136

Hmm, apparently it's something about my computer, which is odd since it's 1Ghz with 632mb RAM and a 64 MB video card . . . shouldn't that be enough? But the video's play fine on a newer computer.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 1:26 AM   #137

Ive seen it mentioned that you need a beefy computer to watch MPEG4 videos i think your PC is too low spec can you try the files on a friends PC ?
Old Aug 27, 2005, 1:39 AM   #138

Yes you're right, it works fine on my dad's computer which is how i know that's the problem. I dont see specific requirements for watching the video listed in the manual, but it must be higher than 1ghz processor and 64 mb video card.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 1:47 AM   #139

Thats definately your problem theni dont know the min spec you need i would search google to see if that gives any help on what you can do.

When you look at your screen can you see a white light coming from the bottom when you first turn on your Z750 or in very very low light like a sort of colour bleed from the LCD ?
Old Aug 28, 2005, 10:25 AM   #140

Yeah, unfortunately only digital zoom in the movie mode.

Would be nice to see Casio release an optical zoom lens movie mode.

[align=left]I've really liked the movie quality thus far with the Z750. Its a big step from the 15/fps movie modes. As for picture quality I have only seen pictures in lower resolutions from the camera and they look fine. Then again I'm not picky with my picture quality as long as I've got the picture and I can see it on my computer! Though I did take some excellent EX-Z40 pictures while I owned that camera.[/align]
CasioTechSupport4 is offline   Reply With Quote