Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 1, 2005, 4:01 PM   #51

You're welcome! Glad you like the photos. I believe the Ultra II is also rated at 66X. I have a Lexar Pro2 GB CF card that is rated at 80X for my Nikon D70, and it is fast!

:-)
alpha788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 4:07 PM   #52

but then again CF is pretty big compared to the sd so i'm not surprised CF has faster technology.

Thanks for the info about the Ultra II. I guess that means the RiData should be perfect. Thanks so much!

Haha I really need to invest in my own hi-end camera. I just started getting into it and I'm starting with the canon ae-1. FILM YOU SAY??? CRAZY :? !!
cliqstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 5:21 PM   #53

Just a technical remark on CF and SD card speeds.

CF has a full data bus of 8 or even 16 bit. SD card has a serial interface with only 4 bit data bus, so CF card is 2 or 4 times faster in data transfer.

However the big size of the CF card makes it obsolete technology, it simply cant fit into the every day smaller consumer products. The SD card, and now also the Reduced Size / XD SD card is the main stream memory card technology.
viking7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 5:27 PM   #54

cliqstr wrote:

I'm not sure if the buffering noise is the focus or whatever

A wild guess is that what you hear is the camera speaker, accidently you think you record a movie - but actualy you replay a movie you just recorded and hear the sound from the speaker ?
Old May 1, 2005, 8:22 PM   #55

viking7 wrote:
A wild guess is that what you hear is the camera speaker, accidently you think you record a movie - but actualy you replay a movie you just recorded and hear the sound from the speaker ?[/quote]

mmm i highly doubt it. i could hear the buffering noise while i was recording. I think i was on AF at 640HQ. the user that first replied to me said he had similar problems. He suggested to change it to Pan Focus (which i'm not sure why he said it was called focus everywhere since there is an option for infinity focus...) But anyway, I haven't really been able to use it for an extensive period of time because I'm still waiting for my SD card to arrive on tuesday or wednesday. So maybe the problem will not be as apparent later on. I'll probably post about the joys of the z750 on friday or something after I have time to fool around with it and upload vid/pics.
Old May 2, 2005, 3:25 AM   #56

I´ve just got my Z750 and I really like it!! It´s fast, it´s small and it takes good pictures. I wanted a portable cameraand I got a videocamera too!!

If I compare with an KM A200the Z750 isa MUCH better "videocamera". The sound is in sync and the movies don´t consume as much memory and I still can zoom if I like to while filming.

Compared to Canon IXUS/Digital Elph I must say that I prefer the docking station on the Casio and I think it will keep the camera alive a lot longer if you don´t have to open it up to charge the battery or connect cables.

The Casio Z750 was just what I was looking for, a portable saver for memories in my life, both pictures and movies!!

Now I just wonder WHY I have a camera in my phone, what´s the point?

And I think I´ll keep this camera untill Z750-II arrivesand sendsDV videocameras to the museums...
Framerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 1:52 PM   #57

cliqstr wrote:
Quote:
viking7 wrote:
A wild guess is that what you hear is the camera speaker, accidently you think you record a movie - but actualy you replay a movie you just recorded and hear the sound from the speaker ?

mmm i highly doubt it. i could hear the buffering noise while i was recording. I think i was on AF at 640HQ. the user that first replied to me said he had similar problems. He suggested to change it to Pan Focus (which i'm not sure why he said it was called focus everywhere since there is an option for infinity focus...) But anyway, I haven't really been able to use it for an extensive period of time because I'm still waiting for my SD card to arrive on tuesday or wednesday. So maybe the problem will not be as apparent later on. I'll probably post about the joys of the z750 on friday or something after I have time to fool around with it and upload vid/pics.
Told you that is was a wild guess - cant realy help you more than that. "Buffering noice", sounds like it has a PC hard disk drive inside :-)

So frustrating - waiting for the Z750 to arrive so I can participate :?
Old May 2, 2005, 3:01 PM   #58

Framerate wrote:
Quote:

And I think I´ll keep this camera untill Z750-II arrives and sends DV videocameras to the museums...
Development goes so dam fast, two months ago I baught the EX-S100 , now I ordered the Z750 to get the MPEG4, in a few months they propably make the mark II with zoom while video recording.
Old May 2, 2005, 6:21 PM   #59

apparently they are selling the z750 at costco for $400. The good thing about costco is they have guarantee you will like your product or you can return it for any reason. You can make returns and exchanges any time as long as the device is functioning normally. My friend made 4 DVD player upgrades in one year for FREE. So, if you decide to get the z750, try getting it at costco. Then, when something better comes out, go trade it back in for the same amount you spent and get the newer one.
Old May 2, 2005, 6:27 PM   #60

A couple of things . . . I was under the impression that SanDisk only made the "2 gb" SD card in their regular line of cards. Do they actually have an Ultra II "2 gb" SD card also? Someone just posted that hey have one. I sure hope so!

Also, the SanDisk Ultra II "1 gb" SD card has a rated transfer rate of 9mb which is very fast, but for about $20 bucks more their Extreme III "1 gb" card has a transfer rate of 20mb (more than twice as fast). I'm not all that sure if this is so critical a difference, but for about $20 bucks more the SanDisk Extreme III card may well be worth the difference especially in the larger 1 & 2 gb transfers of videos.

Dark Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote