Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 2, 2005, 5:50 PM   #61

Yep, they have a 2GB Ultra II SD card which I have been using in my Z750. Got it off ebay for a decent price. I didn't hesitate too long since they are hard to come by as is the 2GB Extreme SD card.

alpha788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 8:37 PM   #62

Kewl !!! I'm gonna get one!
Dark Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 11:22 AM   #63

I saw this camera at a Sharper Image store whilst on vacation in the States a few days ago (I'm from the UK). I was very impressed with the (on screen) movie quality. (Their price is $449.)

I currently have a Pentax Optio S. This 3MP camera, and the later Optio S4 & S5 seem to be almost the same cameras as the Casio EX-Z3, EX-Z40 & EX-Z50. At the time I prefered the Pentax's AV output (which Casio now have) and the slightly smaller size.

I was thinking of getting a new camera at some point and sticking with Pentax s that I can continue to use all the accesories I have brought, such as spare battery, case and remote.

But seeing the Z750, I may switch to Casio. However, does anyone know if there is, or will be a Pentax version of this camera? (The Optio 750Z is not the same - much larger.)
RobbieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 3:26 PM   #64

I personally don't know if Pentax will come out with a "similar" camera to the Casio Z750. I tend to think not as Casio seems to have a lock on this style of diminuitive type camera. Pentax, as well as other manufacturers, have attempted to emulate what Casio is doing with their Exlim series of ultra-compacts but in my opinion they have not been as successful. It is interesting however that some of the Casio lenses are from Pentax. It is also even more curious that Casio has their Z750 whereas Pentax has a 750Z. Makes ya wonder huh?

I think Canon comes up as a close second to Casio in the ultra-compact category as far as quality and features. Pentax seems to have significant quality control issues with their cameras. Skimming the forums at the various camera review web sites will reveal a higher percentage of unhappy quality control customers with Pentax than with just about any of the other major brands.
Dark Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 2:35 PM   #65

Dark Cobra wrote:
Quote:
I personally don't know if Pentax will come out with a "similar" camera to the Casio Z750. I tend to think not as Casio seems to have a lock on this style of diminuitive type camera. Pentax, as well as other manufacturers, have attempted to emulate what Casio is doing with their Exlim series of ultra-compacts but in my opinion they have not been as successful.
I have come to beleave that some Pentax and some Casio models are electricaly identical. Only with differences in lens and physical construction.
My friend owns a Pentax S4i, which broke on him. Being an electronics guy I took it apart to see if I could fix it.
Inside the LCD screen was marked Casio, so was the actual processor chip. Considering how there is a nearly identical Pentax Model to each Casio model I think they work together on the designs.

I have a QVR-51, which is almost exactly the same as a Pentax Optio S50 as far as specs.
zapwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 3:12 PM   #66

hi alpha 788 and all the others,

Just to say that yours pictures are fantastic:-).

Great job and great photographer.

It really push me to buy this cam.

Thanks a lot

All the best.:bye:

kusanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 11:01 PM   #67

Hi everyone!

I´m writting from PORTUGAL and it´s my first time here. ( sorry for my bad english :roll: ).

I want to buy an ultra compact digi-cam. From all cameras in the world :-) I like those two:

- Pentax Optio S5n

- Casio EX-Z750

In your opinion wich camera has more quality of image? I mean the real quality and not the "MegaPixels" quality.

In overall score, wich camera do you prefer?

And the last question, more like a request, can anyone e-mail me the Casio EX-Z750 DETAILED MANUAL pdf? I´m tired of trying to find it on the web but with no sucess.

Please if anyone as already bought this camera please email me the manual! Tnkx!

My mail: [email protected]

Tnkx.

Francisco
PeAcEmAkEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 7:31 AM   #68

if you have any doubts about the casio exz750...

look at this video i took tonight at the NCAA 2005 Volleyball Championships.

I sat and recorded the video from here...

(this picture was not taken with my camera.. i'm using it to show you where i sat)

but this is the video that i took with the z750 from THAT spot!
http://www.cliqmedia.net/videos/CIMG0325.AVI

erase your doubts!
cliqstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 8:27 AM   #69

Man, uau, tnkx a lot!

I´m almost convinced...

Can you show me a foto in a sunny day ? An other at night please? In max quality? Or is ask too much ?:roll: please....

And I ask again, can anyone who has this casio can e-mail me the MANUAL that comes with the cd-rom?

Once again, tnkx!

Francisco
PeAcEmAkEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 10:04 AM   #70

Hi, sent a link to English manual to Your e-mail, it is valid for 24 hours. Be aware- 6.3 MB size pdf. Best, JR
Reps is offline   Reply With Quote