Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 8, 2005, 11:30 AM   #71

Tnkx a lot. However I can´t donload it! is there any problem with your host domain?

Tnkx.
PeAcEmAkEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 5:18 PM   #72
ADF

Peace...you have mail. It is a large file, hope you have high speed internet.

I bought the camera sight unseen as I had an S2 (2mb ultra compact) which I used exclusively on two recent vacations while my Nikon D100 sat at home. The 750 is amazing! After owning it for two weeks I sold the D100 and all associated paraphernalia (4 lenses, 2 flashes, cables etc) on ebay! You know any time something is subminiaturized there are going to be some compromises but when you consider that the camera will be with you whenever you want it...it is a steal, and after the sale of the Nikon equipment I am $2K ahead! Will it do everything the D100 did? No, but equiment is only one factor in producing high quality images and I have decided that the advantage of size, moviesand portability outweighs the superior glass of the nikon. I owned the Nikon for overa year and shot 3500 images, after 2 weeks I am up to 900 on the Casio.

A couple of thoughts on accessories. I have two high speed 1GB SD cards (FYI 50x will work fine with this unit). Why not a 2GB card? Well you can have one in the camera and the other in your laptop simultaneously. Consider a SunpakDigital camera flash adapter (Amazon.com $27) and an external flash...it adds a lot of rane to flash shots. I also have plastic lcd protector on the lcd to minimize scratching. Lastly I keep 2 extra batteries fully charges just in case.

You can't beat this thing for the price.
ADF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 6:40 PM   #73

Nice clip showing sound range and quality on a sunny day
ufitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 6:43 PM   #74

Attached a .avi - perhaps not!
ufitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 8:06 PM   #75

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...83&forum_id=24

Please vote!
PeAcEmAkEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 2:18 AM   #76

cliqstr wrote:
Quote:
And do you guys know anything about the manual? The only booklet that came with my camera is a Basic Reference that's about 100 pages thick. But the only thing it's good for is if you want to brush up on your dutch, french, spanish, italian, swedish, or nederland (netherland-speak.. not sure what that language in english is called). this is seriously only a booklet that's 15 pages long translated 7 times.
Quote:
The language of Netherlands is called Dutch. Glad they did'nt forgot our language :lol:.
catnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 7:34 PM   #77
ADF

the 'real' manual is on one of te cd's that came in the box with the camera
ADF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 9:35 AM   #78

I'm sorry for all the entusiastic guys here, but I'm not convinced about the image quality of the Z750.

I plan to buy a Z750 or a SD500 (Ixus 700).
For me Z750 has good movie features, SD500 better image quality?

I wait really for good comparison reviews on the big sites.
SD500 has good image quality but i have no good idea about macro and flash pictures on the Z750.

I made a comparison of different pics - look here:
http://www.rottensteiner.com/Ixus-70...im-EX-Z750.jpg

What you say?
chrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 10:31 AM   #79

Hey, do not understand where did You get these images: mine Z750 does not produce such horribilities even not in 640x480 and lowest quality settings, not talking about noise- someone played too much in PS trying to be artistic?
Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 1:23 PM   #80

Gez you have to compare apples-to-apples. Putting up entirely different pictures and trying to make a comparative assessment of which camera is better, is as about unfair and unscientific as you can get.

After carefully reviewing pretty much every major site that has reviewed both the Canon SD500 and the Casio Z750 and after taking into consideration all the web site forum experiences of actual users . . . it is clear to me that both cameras are very close. However, the Casio has a far superior set of features that go significantly beyond the Canon. Such as Aperature and Shutter Priority, 2.5 inch LCD (enormous advantage), lower cost, super slick docking station, easy video out for connection to your television and a number of other significant advantages with the Casio.

Both cameras take a very good picture but clearly you will see "different renderings" of the same image (assuming you take a fair comparative picture of the same image - unlike what was done by a previous poster). Seeing "different renderings" of the same image doesn't necesarily mean that one is incorrect . . . they are merely "different". You will get "different renderings" of the same image if you use a top-of-the-line Nikon DSLR vs Canon DSLR !!! No two photos of the same image will ever be precisely the same! It doesn't follow that any of them are necessarily wrong . . . they're just different. Just a small amount of in-camera adjustments can often tweak either camera over to the particular rendering you prefer.

Personally, I love my Casio Z750 and I have been a Canon / Nikon full SLR man for over 30 years! Having a great little shirt pocket camera that is "with you at all times" is a far more valuable tool than having the greatest DSLR sitting at home in bulky camera bag gathering dust in the closet !!!
Dark Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote