Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 1, 2002, 11:01 AM   #1

Default Windows Page Fault

Hi All,
I am writing in reference to the QV-3000EX. Been using it for about 2 years with the minimal of problems. I am using the IBM 340mb MicroDrive. I have been going into the removalble drive to the DCIM folder and copying and pasting the images I want to my C: drive. I have PhotoLoader installed but feel I have more control of where I want to place my photos. I have just recently installed a Adaptec USB 2.0 PCI add in card and altlhough the camera still works at the old USB 1, it was working just fine in both the old and new USB ports. I then installed a Cannon scanner and now I am getting a windows page fault (fatel OE 0028.FF14B777) when I attach the camera to the usb cable and switch it to play. Any feedback would be apprecated before I go through the trouble of uninstalling the scanner and the related software. The scanner is working perfectlly and no problems in Device Manager. Using Windows 98se full version.
Thanks,
Ken ops:
ken545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2002, 5:11 PM   #2

I think most posters here are camera users and I know that this was a computer issue, so if it will help anyone in the future I am posting the fix that I found.

Both my camera and the scanner are TWAIN compliant and they both can't reside on the same channel. You have to unplug one for the other to work. No big thing, all I have to do is unplug the scanner when I want to export pics to my hard drive from my Casio. They can work together if one uses the USB port and another the serial or parallel port but both can't reside on the same type of port together.

Ken
ken545 is offline   Reply With Quote