Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Mar 19, 2005, 8:25 AM   #1

Anyone had problems connecting to pc using usb cable with exilim pro 700?

I don't know if this is because I haven't got an ac adaptor to run the camera off mains power. In the manual it says that the camera should be connectable to pc using battery power.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Will
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2005, 2:03 AM   #2

Hi Will,

Sorry it took so long to notice this question. I also had a problem using the supplied USB cable. It works on the Mac at work, but not with my PC laptop. In the end, I've just been using a card reader, which works great. I'm not sure if service pack 2 has anything to do with this.

I checked online with Casio, and their help info just says that with some hardware, it won't work, and there is nothing that they can do about it. I suggest a card reader, it's plenty fast. Also, I don't think the AC adapter is necessary, just a precaution because running out of battery while transferring a file can corrupt the memory card. And you'd lose all of the files on the card. The card can be reformatted, though, so it's wouldn't be a total loss.

Hope that helps some. Not really a useful answer, but I did run across the same thing.
-Rafael
rafman448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 6:32 AM   #3

Thanks rafman but the problem was a simple one! Being a bit precautious with my new toy I wasn't pushing the usb cable (camera end) far enough into the socket - doh!

Will
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 8:40 AM   #4

Hi,

I have the same problem with my P600 but I'm afraid to push to hard. How far do you have to push the USB plug into the camera ?

It's a silly problem I think but the USB connection port on the camera looks very fragile so I have been very precautious.

See attachement for the actual situation.

Help is very welcome.

Kind regards, Peter.
Attached Images

cas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 10:44 AM   #5

Hi,

Problem solved.

I pushed the cable further into the socket. I had to use more force but that was the trick.

Regards, Peter.
cas123 is offline   Reply With Quote