Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Apr 9, 2005, 10:52 AM   #1

Price of new Casio Exilim EX-Z750 now down to $429 with free shipping at butterflyphoto.com:

http://www.butterflyphoto.com/shop/p...px?sku=EX-Z750

wowlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2005, 8:53 PM   #2

Amazon.com also has it at this same price (through Adorama Cameras).
Dark Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 5:41 PM   #3

Actually, I just found an even lower price at Tri-State Camera for $409.99. This came from both the link from the Epinions.com site and the Tri-State Camera site as well. :|
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:18 PM   #4

Well I actually found an even cheaper one at: "Tech Toys for Less" for $404.99:

http://www.techtoysforless.com/produ...products_id/64

I'm not sure if I'dactually order from any of these but the value of these publicly advertised prices is you can use them for leverage at more popular sites such as J&R Electronics and others!

Old Apr 16, 2005, 11:24 PM   #5

Tri-State Camera (see above) just dropped the price to $399.00. I wouldn't buy from them but J&R Electronics and many others will match that price!
Old Apr 19, 2005, 3:11 PM   #6

I've purchased from Tri-State a couple of times for 35mm cameras and supplies. I've never had a problem and always received very good prices.
TTT103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 4:41 PM   #7

I agree with you that they have great prices. That's why I quoted their price above. However, the devil is always in the "details". I'll give you an example, Tri-State's 30 day return policy starts from the date of "INVOICE". That means the day you order itis the day the clock starts and not the day you received it!

J & R and many other dealers allow you a full true 30 day evaluation of the product, as their 30 day clock begins on the date of delivery to you. Since most of these companies are New York based and I personally reside in California, there is usually a five day shipping time before I even see the product. So by the time I get it nearly a week of my "30" day evaluation has already disoloved.

There are other "fine print" details where Tri-State doesn't exactly measure up in comparison to their competitors. However, I will admit they have great prices and if they work for you then that's all that matters. However, other companies are a bit more competative in my opinion. Price is not the only measure of a good sale.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 7:22 PM   #8

Circuit Digital = $396.00

http://www.circuitdigital.com/produc...asio%20EX-Z750

Old Apr 22, 2005, 2:53 AM   #9

I would not have ordered anything at all from circuitdigital.com. I guess there's a miniscule possibility that they're not crooks, but I doubt it. I did a lookup of circuitdigital.com on whois.sc, and the domain was registered in December 2004, and only registered for one year. Don't expect them to stay in business for long. Also, all the contact information on the domain registration was just mumbo-jumbo, which, besides being illegal, doesn't really inspire trust.

I guess I'm nitpicky, but I think people should do a little more research on companies before ordering from them. :-)
CrimsonScythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:29 PM   #10

Couldn't have said it better! In fact . . . you just made my point. If you scroll up in my other posts you'll see that I'm posting these lowest found prices "NOT" for folks to necessarily purchase from those retailers but to "use" those prices as "leverage" with more well known and established retailers who definitely match their competitors advertised prices.