Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 8, 2005, 3:31 PM   #1

Hello from Greece!!! I'm new at forum but an old big fun of this site....

I have one serious problem with my new Casio EX Z750. When i am trying to view a movie clip with windows media player 9 you can hear a sound first and thenyou see at screen the subject that create this sound....

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? I've tried a lot and the onlysolution was to convert mpeg4 file to divx (for dvd players).

Have a nice week!
Kostas-GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2005, 2:15 AM   #2

Hey there my Greek friend.
I experience this same problem you describe with all movie samples I've downloaded - even the ones from Casio. I have updated my Media Player and direct x as well, but I think the problem is my pc. If you go to Casio at http://world.casio.com/exilim/en/ex_z750/gallery.html
you will find the minimum or recommended required operating systems and other components to play EX-Z750 video. I hope this helps.
CF
cufinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 12:25 PM   #3

I meet all Casio's requirements - but I still experience the problem with sound and image not being synchronized.

The movie itself sould be fine, because there's no problem when viewing it in tje camera. Do I need to get some video editing software? Or is it likely that Casio will release some kind of firmware update to solve the issue?

Kind regards
wukong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 2:30 PM   #4

Maybe a codec is missing. You could try a basic codec pack because too extended codec packs can cause problems on your PC.

Check this one out:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=800&s=95
shutterbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 3:20 PM   #5

That didn't help unfortunately. But thanks for tips, the codec pack solved another problem I had!

Still wondering what to do with the Z750 films, though...
wukong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 10:47 PM   #6

I used a converter tool that provides many compression formats and codecs - it actually worked! Bummer is it's only a trial version, but if you want to sort out what seems to be a compression issue with the sample vids it's an option.
After download, run converter, brows a source file (the botched file), drag and drop into conversion list, target format avi from drop-down menu, select the first audio and video formats from drop-down menu, click start converting. The file will be saved to a specified folder. I converted all problematic sample vids with this tool and they all work well now. No more slow motion and the sound is in sync. :homey:
Old May 15, 2005, 10:52 PM   #7

du'oh, looks like I pulled a Homer-
here's the missing link to the converter tool.
http://www.captureandconvert.com/free-evaluation.htm

sorry about that,
cf
Old Jun 1, 2005, 3:29 PM   #8

I use the "Media Player Classic" which I think is the Real Alternative program. (realalt129.exe) It plays smoother than WMP10. But I would like to edit these files in Premiere or Vegas. The Ulead utility is a little funky and does not install the codec.
cmellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 7:04 PM   #9

Try VLC. Ir supports just about everything natively and is completely free. I've never had to mess around with codecs.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
yocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2005, 12:58 PM   #10

I had a similar problem with my Casio Exilim EX Z750 as Kostas, as video and sound were not synchronized and the video was playing in slow motion (in Real and Windows Media Player 10). After downloading the VLC media player - as suggested by Yocky - the problem was solved! Thanks a lot for your advice!!!

:-):-):-)Uli
Uli1 is offline   Reply With Quote