Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 12, 2005, 12:02 AM   #1

CNET has reviewed the EX-Z750. It received a higher rating than Canon's PowerShot SD500. What's more, the user review is currently at 9.4. You can read it all here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Casio_Exilim...9.html?tag=tab

So far so good!
funtasticguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2005, 7:59 AM   #2

Cnets reviews are a joke. More like a consumer guide than a real professional camera reviewer.

They are alsobiased and opinionated--never trust CNET rviews! Just look at users rating versus their ratings--way out of wack at 7.6 versus 8.7. That's typical.

For professional camera reviews stick to dpreview, dcresource.com, digitalcamerainfo.com,stevesdigicams.com or more importantly--REAL users on forums forprofessional reviews!!

wowlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 11:25 AM   #3
Administrator

wowlfie wrote:
Quote:
Cnets reviews are a joke. More like a consumer guide than a real professional camera reviewer.

What? You don't like a paragraph or two of review text per page buried in the center of all that other advertising :roll:...

And I love the way they always say what great picture quality a camera has and yet offer no sample images to back up their claims. Gotta love it - NOT !
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 12:37 PM   #4

Any ideas about when these truly professional camera reviews of the EX-Z750 will actually become available?
photopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 12:52 PM   #5

wowlfie wrote:
Quote:

They are also biased and opinionated--never trust CNET rviews! Just look at users rating versus their ratings--way out of wack at 7.6 versus 8.7. That's typical.

For professional camera reviews stick to dpreview, dcresource.com, digitalcamerainfo.com, stevesdigicams.com or more importantly--REAL users on forums for professional reviews!!

Also EPINIONS stinks :whack:
viking7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 9:56 PM   #6

Calling CNET reviews a mere "joke" is an insult to good "jokes" all over! The "kiddies" that run CNET are on a par of knowledge with the kids that work at Best Buy! It's sad because when CNET first started they had real adults who seriously discussed cutting edge technology and had some actual intelligent thought behind their reviews. But all has changed in recent years.

What purports now for a "Review" is little more than advertising promo's from folks who clearly haven't a clue about the product their holding in their hands! Take for instance those short video clips that claim to be "Camera Reviews". There's usually some dorky looking person holding the camera talking for 20 seconds about how it ergonomically does or doesn't fit in their chubby little fingers. They then comment on how "cute the buttons are!". Then they conclude by saying something really technical like "it sure does look nice!". Thus concludes the average CNET "Review".

Unreal huh?

I've come to the point where I only trust Steve on this site and the dpreview site. After that things start to go way down hill fast. The days of really knowledgeable folks behind camera reviews are rapidly dwindling. Electronic gizmo's of all kinds are being cranked out at a rate that is beyond belief. Manufacturer's change a few buttons and tweak a couple of specs and out pop's a new camera or gizmo. I know I can't stop it . . . but more and more I find myself missing the old days of some stability in the market with knowledgeable people. Silly me huh?

Dark Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote