Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 26, 2005, 12:21 PM   #31

Greetins Aries13! Welcome back! I was wondering why you hadn't posted. Now, then, to answer your questions:

1) Don't choose to convert to DV because DV is mostly uncompressed format and it WILL produce huge files whether you are converting from MPEG, WMV, DivX, M4S2 to DV.

Consequently, you will have to convert it to DivX which in turn can be read by most video editors. So go to the website and download it here:

http://www.divx.com/divx/download/

2) Once you installed it, go back to Stoik and chose the hammer for video settings (after you have chosen Divx 5.21 for your video codec).On the DivX settings page, choose 1500 kbps for bitrate (750 is the default setting). Choose "Fastest" for "Encode Performance". You might need to experiment with the bitrate but 1500 kbps is a safe bet that you'll get the equivalent to your original M4S2 Casio videos.

3) On the audio setting in Stoik, choose "PCM"

Once you video is converted, you should have about the same file size and quality to your original M4S2 Casio video. From there, you should be able to open it up in almost any video editor to play with the videos.

I haven't personally tried Magic's video editor. I use Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus and the converted video opens up in Pinnacle without any trouble. I also like Pinnacle because it is stable, rather fast, and allows me to output the finished product to AVI, WMV, DVD, SVCD, etc.

I also prefer to use 3ivX instead of DivX because it appears to be faster converting than DivX. If you were to purchase 3ivx from 3ivx.com, choose "Single Pass - Constant Quality" in its "Encoder Mode". Thereafter, choose 95% quality.

Good luck!
funtasticguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 1:15 PM   #32

i finally find a solution for me; see my reply in this thread:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...314996#p314996
chrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 1:31 PM   #33

Hi funtasticguy,
I have no hammer in my STOIK - how can I add the picture of the STOIK window here so that you can see how it looks?

Regards
aries13
aries13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 1:51 PM   #34

Hi chrus,
greetings to Bozen - we were there in September 2003 and hiked the 3 Zinnen and the Schlern - my legs still hurt!

How did you insert the window-picture into the thread you gave the URL 2 entries above?

I want to add my curious Stoik-Menu.

Thanks and regards
aries13
Old May 26, 2005, 2:22 PM   #35

Aries13, I've attached a picture. I've placed a drawn circle on the hammer within Stoik. The method that Chrus mentioned did not work for me.
Attached Images

Old May 26, 2005, 2:27 PM   #36

Sorry funtasticguy,

I don't have this menu... I wanmt to show my menu here - how to insert such a picture?

Regards

aries13

Old May 26, 2005, 2:31 PM   #37

After you "ADD" the videos, you don't have that menu? You should.

To attach a picture, you need to use the "Browse" feature when you post a reply. When you select "Browse", you will then need to locate the saved .jpg image of your screen. I have software that captures my screen (which I then crop out and then save the image).
Old May 26, 2005, 2:51 PM   #38

Where do I "add" the videos?

(Funny: I have double-space lines when entering text here...)

In my Stoik window I have in th title line: File - edit - Render - View - Help

Then there is a line with icons (commands?)

Then an input line where I can browse for the Input File(s). Interesting: It here displays all the files I have search all the times before - even after erasing the program and installing itnew !?!?!

Below follows the Line "Output File", followed by "Output Format", where I only see "DAV AVI File PAL"

Then "Split by size", below the window where to watch rendering and at the bottom 4 buttons: Play - Record - Pause - Break

Something is screwed up here...

regards

aries13

Old May 26, 2005, 3:37 PM   #39

I'm so SORRY Aries13, I was using the wrong video converter.

1)On "Output format" select "Divx 5 PAL" or "Divx 5 NTSC". If you're inEurope, select PAL. If you're in America select NTSC.

2)Thereafter,you need to select "Profiles" on top and that will bring up the video and audio settings.

3) To ge to the Divx Settings, choose "Configure" on the Video section of the Profiles within Stoik.

You video and audio settings should look like the image below. I redid it again and the actual settings should be 2533 kbps for bitrate and "Standard" for Encode Performance on the DivX Settings. Again, everything should like the image below

Attached Images

Old May 26, 2005, 9:22 PM   #40

Aries,

Thank you for the camera advice. And your English is very good, although Americans use "." instead of "," to show decimal numbers. But British English uses' them like you do . . . not a mistake by anybody, just something to keep in mind if there's any confusion!
a4phantom is offline   Reply With Quote