Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 27, 2005, 3:08 AM   #41

Hi funtasticguy,
thanks a lot!

Because I did not get ANY other selection than DV AVI file PAL a erased STOIK the correct way (vie Desktop - Sowftware) and than the still 30 remaining "Stoik"-files from all different Directories on the C-Disk. If it had failed, I had to restore my last GHOST C-Disk Backup.

But it worked, after installing STOIK again, I got all the selections shown in your picture, converted as yopu described and could import it to my MAGIX program.

If I just would understand why "PCM" and not one of the other possibilites and the bitrate of "2533 kbps" - how did you know ?

Thanks and have a good day!
regards
aries13

aries13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 6:15 AM   #42

funtasticguy,
my original video had 8,77MB, the DivX5-converted file has 8,43MB - even a little less!

But the Output of the conversion were 2 files:
"XXX.AVI 8,43MB Videoclip" and
"XXX_avi.AVD 2kB AVD-File" What is that file?

Regards
aries13
Old May 27, 2005, 2:11 PM   #43

Greetings Aries13! I was glad to read that you finally were able to convert and import your videos. How did I know the best audio and video settings? I kept experimenting until I got perfect and satisfying results to work with. I even began experimenting before I received my Casio EX-Z750 since I learned that M4S2 codec would not be easy to work within Pinnacle Studio 9 Plus. I experimented with the sample HQ movies on Casio's site.

Don't worry about "XXX_avi.AVD 2kB AVD-File". It's not necessary and won't interfere with your videos if you delete them.

Do check back because inlate June there might be a software to convert most videos directly back to M4S2. That would mean that once you edit your videos you can convert them back to M4S2 format and watch them on your camera and TV.

Have fun!
funtasticguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 11:22 PM   #44

Hi funtasticguy,

thank you! Will you please post the possibility of "re-converting" to M4S2 here when available?

Checked the German Pinnacle Forum and had to learn that users have to "buy" a ticket in order "to be allowed" to call the support (which ist not free, too).Studio 9 can not create titels fading in/ our or scrolling - true? Studio 9 PRO is financially out of my mind.

MAGIX Video deLuxe ist No.1 here in every test and costs 50 bugs when downloaded and 60 when boxed includinga music-DVD. Support: Free, but also takes a long time to reply. They now asked me to senda testvideo...

I also do not agree to the companie's strategy today. As buyer of the camera (or whatever) you need a PC to print the manual and other important infos. These MUST be in the box in printed form.

There are happy people who have no PC - they certainly have more time "to live" than fool around with stupid things like PCs. Now I walk around witha 212 gramm "lightweight" camera in my right hand and a 2 kilogramm letter-sized Binder with the manual in my left hand - super! How will that work whenthe world is "aged beyond 60" in 20 years ???

Thanks and regards

gerhard

Old May 28, 2005, 12:31 AM   #45

Greetings Gerhard! Pinnacle Studio 9 is about $99 but it is a wonderful program. It does do animated text, fading in, fading out, etc. It has cool 3D transitions, and free ones that you can download from the Internet. When it first came out, it was full of bugs (errors) and it kept crashing on me. Technical support is a nightmare since they are extremely slow here too. However, they kept working on the bugs and updating their software. Now it is solid and does not crash at all. Again, I was able to createwithin one day aDVD video and a SVCD photo video with background music and transitionsof my newborn and sent it to my mom. She was very impressed and has no idea that the original videos came from a tiny digital camera.

But I am downloading right now Movie Edit Pro 10 (that's what it is called here in America) and I'll give it a try. I believe that the last version received bad reviews from the PC magazines here in the US.

I do agree and wish that Casio had printed a full manual of the camera but since I love my Z750 so much, I can quickly forgive them.

Have a nice weekend,

-- Moises

P.S. Will post information on the converting software when it is finally available. Again, I believe it will be ready by late June. I'm looking forward to it!
Old May 29, 2005, 3:37 PM   #46

Hi guys, the recent Videocharge (3.1.2.15) does a fantastic (and fast) job on M4S2 files for quick repack to ANY format which codec is available in Your PC- so You can do whatever with them, even make uncompressed RGB for editing and pack to desired format after the movie is done. And try DiVX standard profile for noisy video- works well even for Casio videos shot at low light. Best, JR
Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 7:50 PM   #47

Reps wrote:
Quote:
BTW, my relatively old VideoCharge (2.3.3.23) handles the M4S2 to DiVX conversion very well- the only complaint is that I can not adjust DiVX settings from VideoCharge- I do them via VirtualDub... maybe I am stupid but that is the easiest way- and I get similar filesizes to M4S2 with DivX simple profile @1600kbps- and done the other way conversion: DivX to M4S2 and enjoyed a movie from Z750 during long flight- so bad that Z750 does not have a A/V jack...

So, can you post a little guide as to how you convert to M4S2?
story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 3:31 PM   #48

Rather easy and simple- only 4 things to be considered: 1. Use DiVX Handheld profile (max. 768 kbps)- so resulting ca. 7MB/min and you can watch ca. 2 hour movie from 1GB card- get video/audio adapter+headphones- works OK; 2. Resize original to 640*480; 3. use IMA ADPCM codec 0x11 (17) at 22KB/s and 44100Hz mono; 4. convert to 29.97 fps (maybe not necessary, just testing). Z750 accepts both DiVX and XViD FourCC-s so no need for AviC tampering. Videoprocessing You use- any You like (Virtualdub, Videocharger, whatever...) PS. tried a movie to 2GB card at 1500 kbps- looked great even on big TV- so really small videoplayer for MPEG-4! - sorry I was a little bit erraneous here: no 29.97 fps needed, just preserve Your video fps, works OK and even better on big screen- so Casio is not limited by playback file fps- all from 23 to 30 worked OK. Best, JR
Old May 30, 2005, 4:44 PM   #49

Hey Reps, thanks for the tip! By the way, where did you get "the video/audio adapter+headphones- works OK"? Let us know.

Thanks!
Old May 30, 2005, 5:29 PM   #50

Purchased one at Gibraltar some photoshop selling Casio amongst all, pulled out 22€ for that connector plus 2 cinches :-( - but it is worth for travellers audio (and of couse video if needed), havent got the package now to tell You the Casio code but it was original and it has been mentioned in forums here or at steves-digicams. Best, JR

PS. Just found the package in my car, it says Casio EMC-2A.