Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 30, 2005, 8:29 PM   #51

Hi Reps! Thanks, I found it on Casio's website. One last question, does the EMC-2A have a way to connect to a headphone? Lastly, while I have been able to view DivX videos on the Casio, I have only be able to use its "fastest" option for "encode performance". However, when I try "fast' or "standard", the videos don't play on the Casio. I noticed that fast or standard gives me better compression and better looking videos, but they don't play on the Casio. Have you been successful with "Fast" or "Standard" compression on Divx? If so, what settings did you use.

Thanks again for everything!
funtasticguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 10:37 PM   #52

Thanks for the guide. It works somewhat.

The only problem I have now is the audio. I couldn't use the audio setting you mentioned. I have the use the 44k Stereo instead of mono. It's probably my computer codec because playback on computer is choppy for audio.

UPDATE: I used Goldwave to extract the audio to mono and it works with IMA mono now.

A little disappointing is that you can't use the dock to view video on the LCD while hooking up to listen with headphone.

You can also use 320x240 instead of the 640x480

story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 11:40 PM   #53

wow, that is easy to get them to play, all this time I was fussing around with the screwy m4s2 codec when can just leave it as divx, I have great quality movies playing on this thing in no time.
I was wondering though if that seperate av plug for the camera disabled the screen when listening to the audio, because I simply want to be able to wear headphones and watch on the camera screen. I know the crazy dock did wierd things like disabling the screen when hooking up to video and I thought that just the audio plugs connected that it didn't play the audio.
roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 12:43 PM   #54

Hi,
Now I have had the same troubles with my Casio p505.

The codec is unknown, - recommend a little Programme "Gspot"
(http://www.headbands.com/gspot/gspot221.exe). With this tool you can find the Codec. Load the AVI-file
in this Programme, - and under "4CC" you may find the name of codec.

The codec is M4S2

1) browse to http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm
2) download FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder 2005-07-03,
3) install
4) mark Codecs (Divx), - finish

5) In the folder Programme/ffdshow - doubleclick on VFW Configuration,

point ENCODER to MPEG 4 and FourCC to M4S2, Mode: one pass-constant bitrate
Bitrate (kbps) 502
"Dont save settings to registry".

DECODER Format DivX4 is disabled, please doubleclick for libavcodec.

That's all, I can import avi-files from my Casio p505 auf Magix Video deluxe 2005/2006

be good
Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 3:46 PM   #55

Hi chips,

to import your MPEG-4 videos into MAGIX VdL you have to deselect "Internal AVI Import" in "Program-settings" - "System" (I don't know how the correct term is in English).

Then you can import them and cut them and do whatever you want. MAGIX is currently working on a fix to allow import of MPEG-4s without thisdeselection. Watch their fixes on the homepage...

If you are located in a country which has a 50Hz line frequency the movie must have 25fps. Unfortunately Casio did not build the P505 in a non-US versionandtheyrecord the movies with 30fps. Therefore, when playing themovie whileauthoring theoriginal MPEG-4swill jerk because the MAGIX program has to transform them from 30fps to 25fps AND convert them to MPEG-2 AND calculate whatever you specified. Therefore the CPU Usage increases to 100% (left lower corner) and you don't know how much CPU power would really be needed. The final MPEG-2 movie is OK. If you want to add spoken text and record it while authoring, the text in the final MPEG-2 movie will jerk too.

Therefore I am transforming the MPEG-4s from 30fps to 25fps with the program MotionPerfect with lossless codex Huffyuv and then import those videos into MAGIX. Depending on the "Power" of your PC, you might still have a (now reduced) jerk of the pictures during authoring, but in the final version the pictures ANDthe sound are OK.

Regards

aries13

aries13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 5:53 PM   #56

Before I purchased my Z750 I readExilimads that boasted about the ease with which the videos can be burned to DVD's. They have a photo on their site that shows the camera being connected directly to a set-top DVD player/recorder. Has anyone any experience with set top dvd recorders with USB inputs for this purpose?

Insofar as video editors is concerned, the two editors that I have on my computer at present - the ULead Wizard with the Casio camera, and Video Impression 1.6, which came with an entry level Vivitar camera - both load the avi clips from the Z750. The Ulead Wizardgives an illegal operation under Win98SE when you try to enter the disk burning step. I presume that is why they say it will work only under Win2000 or WinXP. The Video Impression does not enable disk burningoperations. Also I am having trouble figuring out which codec toselect for saving to hard drive. Someone said ULead 9.0 Video works well for M4S2. Is the quality of the DVD video burnedusing ULead Video 9.0comparable to thaton the hard drive? I understand there are some new set top DVD player/recorders outtherethat contain hard drives which are networkable to facilitate the transfer of data from computer to dvd. Of course the problem of doingadvanced editing with titles, transitions, etc. still requires aneditor on your computer. Adobe seems to have some good stuff as well, but I don't know if it works with M4S2. My guess (wishful thinking) is that, with the video quailityunder M4S2being so good, and the sale of those cameras being so good, that it is only a matter of time before mostl video editors become compatible.
ArchP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 4:34 PM   #57

I have just purchased Pinnacle Studio Titanium (v10.5).

This opens the MPEG-4 files from the EX-Z750 and allows me to edit them.
hill47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 6:01 PM   #58

Does Pinnacle Studio Titaniumhave more than one visual time-line (clip line)?

I found that the ULead program (like the online mixer at eyespot.com) only has one row of clips and this does not make for very easy editing.

Avid DV free looks very good if I could get the format into the right shape.

Alas FDDSHOW does nto seem to work on my computer (windows 2000) each time I open a file, it opens another instance of itself and the sound does not work when I convert using FDDShow and virtual dub.

I wonder if I will need FDDShow or whether Videocharge at $80
http://www.videocharge.com/index.html
will do the whole thing. Looks good, especially in the 3.6 beta which will compress to Flash too.

I guess that sorenson squeeze educational pricing will be at about this level. They do not display educational pricing on their homepage. I have asked them for details.

Tim

timtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 7:01 PM   #59

I don't get the impression that VideoCharge is a full-fledged editor. It appears to only be able to process (join, split, convert, files, etc.). If you want my opinion, I would go with the latest ULead product. The main reasonI would say thisis thatCasio includes a ULead VCD editor with the camera. I figure they would want to point users in the best direction. I would also suggest a fastcomputer (3GHz)and lots of RAM to avoid sluggishness. Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, there is no video editor out there that claims to beable to edit the Casiom4s2 files and then save them back to the hard drive in the same format. Being that a DVD is the final product that most users have in mind, I'm not sure if the ability to save back to the hard drive in the same m4s2 format is that important. It's the quality of the burned DVD that counts. One thing is for sure - 640 by 480 is what we get and we aren't going to be able to improve on that resolution whatever product we use. It makes sense that there is going to have to be at least some quality loss in the conversion. We need to find the product that minimizes that loss. Please let me know what product you choose and how it works out, or if you find that my views are inaccurate, pleaselet me know.
ArchP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 7:21 PM   #60

I tried the latest ULead product and while it opens the files straight out of the box, it only has a single time line. That means that each clip is displayed on that time line as a thumbnail representing the x seconds of clip. But if you want to do transitions, of clips from an interview for instance,then this is not very easy to use. Microsoft's fee movie maker 2 has the same problem.

I have AVID Xpress Academic (about $300) where you can have about 20 time lines but two would do. AViD's free product sounds pretty good.

Unless someone can point me in the direction of an editor that can open Casio MP42 files, then I think that I am going to convert and then edit in Avid.

And Videocharge sounds like the cheapest converter there is. But I may buy sorensonsqeeze (in its academic version)sinceit seems to be the market leader. I have not checked that it can cope with Casio files yet though.
timtak is offline   Reply With Quote