Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 4, 2005, 9:40 AM   #91

You can also play¬*MPEG4 in Quicktime on a PC using the PC version of the codec. I have experimented a bit with this and find you can¬* trim the clips in Quicktime and save them trimmed without a loss of quality.¬* Experimenting a bit more I find you can trim a clip and copy and paste it onto the end of another clip. In other words you can paste one edited scene onto the tail of another and create a whole saved, self contained movie of edited scenes... and from what I can see there is no loss of quality. So it appears I have a simple way of editing and viewing Z750 movies on my Sony T250 laptop as well as my 17" Powerbook with no loss of quality. Cool!!!

An edited movie of 2 scenes from the Z750 is now on my web page:¬* ¬*http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/iMovieTheater40.html
buddy1065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 11:47 AM   #92

I just followed your lead and downloaded the codec and watched your imovie.

Thank you for revealing your treasure.

I then compared the movie taken by the Casio Z750 and the Sony T7.

Suffice to say, the Sony video has no fuzzy edge and artifact, I can't say that for the Casio video, even with the help of the open source codec.

There is PC at work, but at home, I only have Mac .

If I need to support a company for making Mac compatible product, I will have to skip Casio for the time being.

Perhaps I am asking for too much .
strpyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 5:16 PM   #93

I was interested in the T7 at first but the reports ofshort battery life and poor shots in low light kinda turned me off. Other than that it seems like a nice cam. Is it also true about it having no manual mode? CNET's review was very unimpressive also:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_Cyber_S...?tag=pdtl-list

No way. I need something with reasonable photo quality as well as good video. The Z750 ended up a good choice for my needs.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 8:14 PM   #94

Hello All!

I just ordered the z750 from dell.com. I really coud not resist at 323.00 before tax and free shipping. I can not wait to get this jewel and take lots of ride reports on my scooter. HE HE 650 suzuki burgman.

I think it will be great for our trip to disney land this fall. The movie mode with 7.2 mp just can not be beat.

Jim
jd03ctd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 4:18 AM   #95

How did you get that price. I just checked dell.com, it lists Z750 at $415.95. Are you sure it was Z750 that you purchased?
gpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 5:15 AM   #96

yes I'm sure it was the z750. I'm not that crazy.

Use this link for 15% off must add to cart

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/defa...l=en&s=dhs

then use coupon code 15MDTQRRV6V$2G it takes another 30.0 off

Easy as that. I just used techbargains.com to find info

Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:39 AM   #97

I am noticing also now that Quicktime with the codec does not play the video with as high a quality as Windows media player when in normal mode, and that it does have a high quality setting. However my PC laptop cannot handle the Quicktime high quality setting at full screen. So the player and the codec as well as the quality setting on Quicktime can make a difference. At normal setting I notice Quicktime has artifacts on my Windows laptop. I will have to check this anomaly later on my 17" Powerbook when I get home from work. Too bad my laptop is not powerful enough to check the video quality of Quicktime at high quality setting. Perhaps someone out there has a computer that can do it though...

Also I see Casio MPG4 takes up considerably less memory than other cameras according to post on this thread:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=14
Old Jul 5, 2005, 12:47 PM   #98

Now dell lists Z750 for $449.99. I can get a lower price from a local store. It looks like dell's prices fluctuatea lotand you have to be very fast to catch that deal.
gpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 1:18 PM   #99

Look like you are correct.

Sorry
Old Jul 7, 2005, 4:34 PM   #100

I know the conversation has shifted a little from the Kodak v550, but here's a link to my review of the camera.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=18
turbodub_6 is offline   Reply With Quote