Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jun 1, 2005, 8:38 AM   #11

You can try this... it's a little involved though :-)

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/saur...20PAGE%201.htm

(This is for XviD but should work for DivX with appropriate codecs)

muckypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:12 AM   #12

Saw yesterday a DVD machine for 79 Euro. It supports DIVx, MPEG4, CD, JPG, DVD.

So they are getting there now with the DVD machines.

Best thing to do is to burn DVD/CD in the original MPEG4 format, and use a DVD machine with build-in MPEG4 direct player. In theory :-)
viking7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:43 AM   #13

I have a Yamada 6600 which plays DivX and XviD very well, but it will not play the z750's Mpeg4 files at all. :-(

What I do is to put the file though Dr. DivX to turn the file into a certified DivX avi and that works perfectly. The quality is very good (although nowhere near a dedicated video camera). I just run the files overnight.

S.
muckypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2005, 9:28 AM   #14

Dont work harder - work smarter, is my saying. If you can afford an new DVD machine, then one supporting native MPEG4 will save you a lot of time. :|
viking7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2005, 5:22 AM   #15

There are tons of mpeg4 DVD players, but I never heard about the one that is able to play avi mpeg4 files from z75O ... Did you?
Rostislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 3:25 PM   #16

Hi Rostislav,
when I play the videos directly from the camera on a PAL TV set it looks good.

And the videos look good too when authored with MAGIX Video deLuxe 2005_2006 and burned on a DVD.

MAGIX is currently working on a fix to allow the program to read the MPEG-4 movies. At the moment you have do de-select a function in the program setups.

Disadvantage is the fact that they are recorded with 30fps and it would be nice when Casio would sell a European version with 25fps. During authoring the MPEG-4 has to be converted from 30fps to 25fps and therefore the video will not run smoothly for checking purposes. The sound is OK. If you know German, read this: http://support.magix.net/boards/magi...=20185&hl=

Circumvention is to encode the MPEG-4 with another Codec - look at the thread I started in this forum: http://stevesforums.com/forums/view_...hlight=aries13

I have recorded 3GB of pics and movies in my vacation during last 2 weeks and love it...

Regards
aries13

aries13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:00 AM   #17

On June 26th I've sent a mail to Casio Support ([email protected]) and asked if it was possible to make a 25fps choice available with a firmware upgrade. They answered that my question would be forwarded to their Development Department in Japan, but they couldn't guarantee that this feature will be developed.
wtzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 8:37 AM   #18

Hi all,

It's almost a year that I enjoy my Z750. But ... yes I have a "but".
Just a few minutes ago I wrote CASIO Europe an email kindly asking the implementation of 25fps recording. I seriously doubt it will have any effect.

Anyway I believe that a company like Casio simply cannot ignore HALF of the world, namely the 25fps one. If only there would be more of us that would request introduction of 25fps recording....

Greetz.
Diodato is offline   Reply With Quote