Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 27, 2005, 10:19 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11
Default

Hi guys. I v seen a lot of great videos form that camera. I took a couple of them and made DVD video disk and result was terrible :-( because of conversion from 30fps to european PAL's 25fps. I dont believe that there is any perfect conversion so is it possible to change some fps setting in camera or is there "european" verison of Z750? Thank you in advance for any ansver.
Rostislav
Rostislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2005, 12:11 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 96
Default

Rostislav wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys. I v seen a lot of great videos form that camera. I took a couple of them and made DVD video disk and result was terrible :-( because of conversion from 30fps to european PAL's 25fps. I dont believe that there is any perfect conversion so is it possible to change some fps setting in camera or is there "european" verison of Z750? Thank you in advance for any ansver.
Rostislav
So far I only tried to play the video clips directly from the docking station to the TV ( and on the PC ). The quality looks very good on my 100Hz 32" Sony Black trinitron.

I baught mine in Germany so I suppose its European format.

Can I save the clips as they are on a DVD or do I have to convert the movie to another format ?

viking7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 12:38 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11
Default

If you want to play your videos on any DVD player you should convert them definitely. But I also saw some discussions about changing some "metadata" info in original video file to make it playable on desktop divx compatible DVD players.

Regardnig to 30fps -> 25fps problem. I tried to display the properties of downloaded video sample on Windows XP. When properties opened I clicked on "Summary" then pushed button "Advanced >>". Then in line called "frame rate" I have seen value 29 frames/second. Please could you check your values? or could you post some sample video of moving car or something like that?

Thank you
Rostislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 1:17 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 96
Default

I think that all depends on your DVD player. If its an old model it only support old video formats - if its a new model it supports the new video formats like MPEG4.

I looked at the manual of the DVD machine I baught two years ago - I supports MPEG3, I suppose not MPEG4 :sad:

The manual of my DVD machine shows a lot of menus and album-like presentation of movies and pictures. I suppose the latest DVD machines are packed with presentation features for DVD and digital cameras.

So the solutions is to get the latest DVD machine supporting what ever format you want to play.
viking7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 4:43 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11
Default

Hi Viking7. Please coud you check frame rate of your video files? (it seems to be almost impossible to convert video smoothly from 30 fps to 25 fps, unless you want to pay at liest 300$ for cheapest specialized softvare :sad::sad::sad
Rostislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 5:47 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 96
Default

Rostislav wrote:
Quote:
Hi Viking7. Please coud you check frame rate of your video files? (it seems to be almost impossible to convert video smoothly from 30 fps to 25 fps, unless you want to pay at liest 300$ for cheapest specialized softvare :sad::sad::sad
It is 30 fps. But if you look in the menu "Set Up" you can select video output PAL or NTSC. Perhaps this solves your problem.

I made a test on file size, if you use "Normal" rather than "HQ" the file size is about half, and the video quality is very similar.

I was going to make a video CD-ROM, but aborted when it took ages for the Nero Burner to convert the video clips to video CD format. Wonder if the DVD/CD player can read a normal file CD with my video clips. There is a whole area I have to investigate in order to streem-line my video clips to presentation on my DVD-TV machine. As posted earlier, I use video clips more and more.
viking7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 5:09 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11
Default

I foud some workaround, but I'm not completely happy with it:

I created standard NTSC DVD with Z750 clips, instead our european PAl DVD. Then I set my Thomson DVD player into NTSC output mode. My TV can handle NTSC also. So everything works. In this case is no conversion from 30fps to 25fps, so trains and cars on video moving smoothly without snatching.

Now why I'm not really happy with it: not all DVDs and TVs in Europe can play NTSC...

I choosen Z750 also because of it's video capability in MPEG4. Now I'm dissapointed and not sure if to buy it. It seems to me that Casio and othe manufaturers think that european market is not so important as US or Japan :sad:
Rostislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 6:00 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 96
Default

Rostislav wrote:
Quote:
I foud some workaround, but I'm not completely happy with it:

I created standard NTSC DVD with Z750 clips, instead our european PAl DVD. Then I set my Thomson DVD player into NTSC output mode. My TV can handle NTSC also. So everything works. In this case is no conversion from 30fps to 25fps, so trains and cars on video moving smoothly without snatching.

Now why I'm not really happy with it: not all DVDs and TVs in Europe can play NTSC...

I choosen Z750 also because of it's video capability in MPEG4. Now I'm dissapointed and not sure if to buy it. It seems to me that Casio and othe manufaturers think that european market is not so important as US or Japan :sad:
I am also in Europe.

But in the Z750 camera menu you can set the video to either PAL or NTSC format, this should solve your problem !
viking7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 12:07 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 5
Default

viking7 wrote:
Quote:
Rostislav wrote:
I am also in Europe.

But in the Z750 camera menu you can set the video to either PAL or NTSC format, this should solve your problem !
That's for the tv output only (which is 50 hertz then). The files are still written with 30 fps.

I'd go for divx anyway. Getting a compatible player yourself isn't a problem, and other people can still use their computer for playback. Their choice.
ted_simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 5:59 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11
Default

DivX itself will not solve frame rate conversion unofrtunatelly. Because if you play DivX on DVD player which delivers PAL signal to TV set, then 30fps to 25fps stil taking place. This conversion is made by DVD player and quality of conversion depends on that player.

Have you any experience with that? I did my testing with this video: http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...w/CIMG0124.AVI
Rostislav is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:35 AM.