Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 25, 2005, 1:22 AM   #11

So if you had a choice between the "Made in Japan" model and the "Made in China" version, which would you take? I just bought the"China" version yesterday but have found another place in town that has a few of the "Japan"ones left. Should I take mycamera back and buy one of those instead?

...and if the "Made in China" versions are the most current, why does mine have a lower serial number then the one that's on the camera that Steve reviewed back in May? -i just purchased mine yesterday....would Casio have started the numbering all over again once they moved their production to China?
Mariotoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:30 PM   #12

jnev wrote:
Quote:
yearsterday i bought a made in china model, and i'm having MAJOR over-saturation. i've taken a few portraits in the garden with some flowers as backdrops, and the person's face is almost as red as a tomato (they weren't bluching either!!). i just upgraded the firmware to 1.01 becasue i heard that it fixed the over-saturation. i'll check it out tomorrow. other than the pics, the camera kicks major butt.

hey,

didthe new firmwarefinally fixed it.?~
squallelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 1:54 AM   #13

Quote:
So if you had a choice between the "Made in Japan" model and the "Made in China" version, which would you take? I just bought the "China" version yesterday but have found another place in town that has a few of the "Japan" ones left. Should I take my camera back and buy one of those instead?
I wouldn't trade mine for a Jap model. People have had soft corners and edges, focusing problems and lens errors. My camera works beautifully. Have you ever bought anything from China that wasn't made well? Taiwan puts out some junk, but I have never seen any from China. That is a highly disciplined work force.

Quote:
...and if the "Made in China" versions are the most current, why does mine have a lower serial number then the one that's on the camera that Steve reviewed back in May? -i just purchased mine yesterday....would Casio have started the numbering all over again once they moved their production to China?
The Jap cameras have an A suffix and the Chinese have an F suffix. I would say they started over with the F suffix.

Quote:
other than the pics, the camera kicks major butt.
ROTFL – I guess it kicks major butt as a paperweight.

I do suggest you read the manual. You have pretty good control over the sharpening, saturation and contrast.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:54 PM   #14

Slipe - Are you an idiot? asking questionsuch as"Have you ever bought anything from China that wasn't made well?" ALL THE TIME, YOU MORON. Go take a survey yourself at any major electronic sotre. Or better yet, take on on this thread. You stupid idiot.

CASIO is a Japanese company. Why don't you buy a DC that is"invented" fromChina. This should apply to your fine Jap made Toyota too. F*%king Slipe, jokes & shit.

-urdaddy

daddy_cane is offline   Reply With Quote