Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jun 7, 2005, 9:08 AM   #1

In deciding between the z55 and z750, Is the $100 difference worth it? Of all the diffences of the z750, the only feature I would really want to make use of is the video mode.

Is it really capable of video, or should I just save for a camcorder in the future???

Has anyone used the video extensively???
Or used any Video software to piece together video clips???

I dont need more megapixels or manual focus, or is that really the selling point? I also see it has USB 2.

Thanks to all that reply.
bello0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2005, 12:42 PM   #2

bello0110 wrote:
Quote:
In deciding between the z55 and z750, Is the $100 difference worth it? Of all the diffences of the z750, the only feature I would really want to make use of is the video mode.

Is it really capable of video, or should I just save for a camcorder in the future???

Has anyone used the video extensively???
Or used any Video software to piece together video clips???

I dont need more megapixels or manual focus, or is that really the selling point? I also see it has USB 2.

Thanks to all that reply.
Yes - the video MPEG4 is great and very much different from the old video format, and the mechanical mode selector is a big big improvement !
viking7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2005, 5:45 AM   #3

bello0110:

I am not sure about your exact video needs, so I'll just try to tell you about mine.

Practical concerns: I shoot video almost every Saturday night at jazz gigs (yes extensively!), and I don't have the capacity to bring anothernnn pounds of dv equipment along with my music gears. Hard to beat the 1+ hour of 640x480 30fps near dvd quality video (with 1gig sd card) in my jeans pocket! I usually have them burnt to video dvd following day within an hour with Nero-6. Mono sound recording & may be 5-10% less in dv video quality (very acceptable on my 32" hd tv), but I have no problem with that. So it all depends on your portability & quality needs.

On the plus side ... I also enjoy theadditional mega pixels& manual focus! =)

Hope this helps!
netswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2005, 8:33 AM   #4

Thanks netswap,

Im not looking for dvd quality, because i know 480res isnt that... Just looking to see if anyone actually uses it the video like you did, Can you post some clips of your video?:-)
Old Jun 9, 2005, 8:26 AM   #5

I'd love to, of course clips with no faces (most musicians are with contracts) ... :G.

But I don't know any free host for video.
netswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:50 AM   #6

Hi Netswap, any chance you could me a tip for nero 6.

i cant get nero to except the avi files from casio cam clips, ( files not supported error ), i'm using nero 6, nero express, but it only wants dvd files and not avi.

any chance you can help,

thanks, marko.
marko1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 11:23 AM   #7

Marko1000 - are you using nero 6 reloaded? as this supports the .avi from the z70, if you are and it still doesn't work you probably need the codec.
ufitsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 11:51 AM   #8

Thanks for the speedy reply, i'm using nero 6 ultra edition, i have a feeling i didn't instal all the componants, maybe thats why the codec is not supported.

marko
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:01 PM   #9

Ok guys,

sorted it out, thanks for the info on nero reloaded, ive updated mine to all the latest bits that i needed, cant believe how good this movie mode is on the tv on svcd, almost as good as my dv cam, fantastic if you consider that you only need this small cam in your shirt pocket and not a bag full of bits.

thanks, marko
Old Jun 9, 2005, 2:55 PM   #10

Thanks for the replies, sounds like the video mode is really decent.

Net: you can attach a small clip here of your work!

I guess I could go to other forums on this, but I would like a list of programs that I could use for editing mpeg4.

PS I ordered the z750, Hope to be playing with it soon!