Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jun 8, 2005, 6:18 PM   #1

Hi all

I'm new here and have a P-505 for about 3 or 4 weeks. Got it at Costco for my wife's mission trip to Mexico. We like all the features the camera has, viedo and still. I really like the way it feels when shooting. The Z750 was a bit to small for my taste. Was a little hard for me to hold still. I also like that the lens is inclosed. No lens errors.

The Specs are close to the Z750 (not as manymp but more 5x optical zoom) I know the plastic body has gotten some bad press but I have an old 35mm Minolta withplasticbody that has held up very well. So that was not a turn off for me.Heck half my car and truck is plastic.

I've been getting lots of great information from all you Z750 owners. keep it up.
Concrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2005, 7:35 PM   #2

hi, happy P505 owner here :-)

It was love at first sight for me with the P505 :-)... but when the Z750 came out, I had a really hard time trying to choose between the two.

Features and performance-wise, the Z750 wins by a large margin... but i still went with the P505 because i really love the way it looks and handles :-). I bought it because I was planning to make full use of its still and video modes and I can't imagine myself shooting prolonged video with the Z750 because of its small size and I have very sweaty hands which could make it slip, while the nice ergonomics of the P505 suited my needs and its use of optical zoom, stereo sound and swivelling LCD on video mode was a big plus.

I've had my P505 for more than two weeks now and despite everyday use and tinkering, I still have no major gripes about it :-)
ghost6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 7:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Features and performance-wise, the Z750 wins by a large margin... but i still went with the P505 because i really love the way it looks and handles :-).
I don't know about a large margin. When I did a side by side comparaison at the Casio web site http://exilim.casio.com/index.cfm?fu...omparison.home I only see a few. Lens is f 2.8 on Z750 f3.3 on p-505, optical view finder onZ750, and 7mp Z750 5mp on the P-505.But the P-505 has 5X optical zoom and the Z750 has 3X. I really like that, and I also love the way it feels in my hand. On balance for the type of use we have the P-505 came out on top.
Concrete is offline   Reply With Quote