Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 4, 2005, 9:09 AM   #1

Some good info here:┬* ┬*http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005...io_p505.html┬* ┬* ┬*and here:┬* ┬* ┬*http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/7231
buddy1065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2005, 10:23 AM   #2

Using this info I find you can also playMPEG4 in Quicktime on a PC using the PC version of the codec. I have experimented a bit with this and find you can trim the clips in Quicktime and save them trimmed without a loss of quality. Experimenting a bit more I find you can trim a clip and copy and paste it onto the end of another clip. In other words you can paste one edited scene onto the tail of another and create a whole saved, self contained movie of as many edited scenes as you like... and from what I can see there is no loss of quality. So it appears I have a simple way of editing and viewing Z750 movies on my Sony T250 laptop as well as my 17" Powerbook with no loss of quality. Cool!!!

This opens up a whole new avenue of possibilities. I can leave bulkier camcorders at home and take the Casio EX-z750 to say, an amusement park, getting scenes inside a roller coaster as well as from a distance and intermingle the scenes to make a whole movie... All I need now is an additional 2 Gig memory card to the 1 Gig I already have and I am set.:-)
Old Jul 4, 2005, 6:40 PM   #3

buddy1065 wrote:
Quote:
This opens up a whole new avenue of possibilities. I can leave bulkier camcorders at home and take the Casio EX-z750 to say, an amusement park, getting scenes inside a roller coaster as well as from a distance and intermingle the scenes to make a whole movie... All I need now is an additional 2 Gig memory card to the 1 Gig I already have and I am set.:-)
Buddy1065

This is very interesting. thanks for the tip. I've been looking for a way to edit clips made with our P505.

Ron
Concrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:17 AM   #4

Someone pointed out the Quicktime movies looked a bit fuzzier than the origionals from the camera. After looking into it I realized the Quicktime movie player was not set at high quality by default, and turning on this feature and playing the movie full screen taxes my computer too much to play the video smoothly with the codec. Quicktime for Windows is just not up to par with playing the MPEG4 movies from the Casio Z750 at high quality. I should have checked it on my Mac but I will have to wait till I get home from work in order to try it. Generally though even the Quicktime movies in normal mode look decent as you can see,here is a 5.5 MB clip:

http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/iMovieTheater40.html