Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 19, 2005, 9:48 PM   #11

:? Oh please! Say it ain't so!!! NO DATE STAMP?? Why would they make such a cool little camera and not give us the capability of dating our pictures??? I was thinking of ordering one tonight, but now I just don't know!

Other than that...... does everyone like the camera for taking still shots.
Tracis30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2005, 10:57 PM   #12

Tracis30 wrote:
Quote:
:? Oh please! Say it ain't so!!! NO DATE STAMP?? Why would they make such a cool little camera and not give us the capability of dating our pictures??? I was thinking of ordering one tonight, but now I just don't know!

Other than that...... does everyone like the camera for taking still shots.
I don't understand why someone would want a photo ruined by having the date stamped on the picture unless they were taking photos for evidence that required that.

Digital photos are stored with the date in the EXIF information that is easy to read. Opanda makes a nice little freeware that lets you right click on any photo and read the EXIF, and most viewers will give you that information.

My Casio is doing something none of my other cameras did. In details view in windows explorer it not only gives me the modified date, but the date the picture was taken and the dimensions. I would guess the S500 does the same thing.

Back in film days I would date stamp the first photo in a group so I could know what date they were taken. But I always retook that first shot with the date stamp off in case I wanted to show it to someone or put it in an album. Once I wrote the dates on the backs of the subsequent photos I dumped the one ruined with the date on the front. I ruined a whole roll of film once by accidentally leaving the date stamp on, and was very careful with it after that.

Most digital cameras won't stamp the date on the photo. You will have to go through the reviews to find the cameras that do that.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:06 AM   #13
EDD

buddy1065 wrote:
Quote:
Focus noises are typical in these credit card sized cams but you can make adjutments to stop the focusing in movie mode. It can get really disturbing in quiet environments while taking movies.
Use Pan Focus for movies. It's a preset for a given zoom that always gives me great results without the noise.
EDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 2:26 PM   #14

I used to take a lot of things for granted while I had those big cameras. With these tiny cameras you will get to understand all sorts of problems that exist in photography.. red eye.. flash recharging delay.. no date stamp.. blah we are still evolving [img]images/emoticons/lachen001.gif[/img]
swastikam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:51 AM   #15

The Photohands software does do a date stamp. That software is on the Casio CD.
CasioTechSupport4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 2:15 AM   #16

What about S500? Does it support high speed card like Sandisk Ultra-II? I am surprised to hear about the incompatiblity between high speed cards and exilim 750. How can it shoot movie with a normal card?
swastikam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 9:06 AM   #17

Specter wrote:
Quote:

The "standard" SD card writes at 2MegaBytes/s. Not, 2Megabit/s. There's a difference, there are 8 bits in every byte, so it's really writing at 8Megabits/s. According to the Z750 manual the HQ quality video does work at 4Mb/s --4 Megabits/s; Which is twice what is needed.

Yeah the EX-S500 doesn't support high speed cards. The quote above explains that you only need a standard memory card.
CasioTechSupport4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2005, 12:27 PM   #18

I posted a review of my EX-S500 and have been updating some of the pictures. I've had requests for photos showing evening capability. I posted some good examples of evening shots and a movie. Also I have a shot showing the range of settings and their effects.

http://www.redhouseon7th.com/reviews/s500/

I've had many great responses from people who've read my review. I hope you find it helpful too!

Give it a read and see what you think.

-Mike
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 9:12 PM   #19

I will tell you why I date stamp every single one of my photos.

So I know when they were taken.

You dont understand why people would ruin their photo's with date stamps. I dont understand why they arent on everyones photo's so we know when they were taken.

i dont have to ask myself...i wonder how old my kids are in that shot .. etc

sdanville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:23 AM   #20

But the time stamp is already included in the picture files anyway. It it stored in a standardized format (EXIF) which can be read by almost all viewers and photo album software. No need to ruin the pictures with an ugly visible time stamp IMHO.
ex-spex is offline   Reply With Quote