Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 17, 2005, 8:21 PM   #1

As I am posting this I am capturing video to my Powerbook from my Canon GL2 camcorder. The video itself was transferred from the analog video and audio output of the Z750 that you would normally plug into a TV monitor. Fortunately the Canon GL2 camcorder has analog video/audio in ports. So I captured the video signal of the Z750 directly to digital DV video tape. I will post the results, probably just frame grabs of the actual resulting DV video shortly, since actual DV would take up too much memory for internet transference. I should also be able to post a short MPEG movie from Final Cut express. Why do this? Once it is on DV there will be absolutely no resolution loss in editing. I can edit in Final cut express and create chapters in the process for an iDVD movie. No more hunting for codecs; no more resolution loss after transferrence to DV. If you are interested, the results are looking very impressive, so stay tuned. :-)
buddy1065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2005, 9:43 PM   #2

As you can see on the following web page, the frame grab from the Canon DV camcorder is quite comparable to the origional video of the Casio Z750.

http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/PhotoAlbum42.html

Very impressive comparo. Now I do not need to worry about software conversions causing pixelization. Final Cut express can incorporate scenes from the Z750 into scenes from the GL2 camcorder if necessary and a DVD can quite easily be produced in iDVD. Great news for those who have camcorders with video/analog inputs.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 10:35 PM   #3

Here is the Casio MPEG4 movie from which I extracted the frame grabs: * ** ** *http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/iMovieTheater43.html