Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 23, 2005, 4:47 AM   #1

I was filming a movie and when I stopped recording and turned it off, the lens wouldn't go back in. I've tried nearly everything, pressing the on button, taking out the battery, putting it on the charger, the whole shabang. I couldn't find the user manual, and I was wondering/hoping anyone could help me with my dilemna.

Thanks.
midnightreverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2005, 5:59 AM   #2

Oof
Old Jul 23, 2005, 7:28 AM   #3

try to use the following advise :

http://www.kenrockwell.com/casio/exz750p4lens.htm#lens

[align=left]LENS ERROR Message[/align] [align=left]It's fairly common to get this message if you get something in the way when the lens tries to open. I got this all the time before I disabled the default POWER ON when you press the PLAY or RECORD buttons when I carry the EX-Z750 in my pocket. It would get turned on by accident and get caught in my pocket half open.[/align] [align=left]Be sure there's no dirt or anything caught in the collapsing lens assembly. Turn on the camera to extend the lens and then be sure the sides of the lens barrel are clean. Crud can get caught inside the tight clearances and gum up the works. It's easy to keep clean, but if you don't it may jam and give you that warning.[/align] [align=left]Likewise if the lens knocks into anything while opening it might get a little jammed and give you that warning. Carefully nudge the lens by rotating it till it's free and then open and close it and it should be fine.[/align] [align=left]This is common and not a sign that yours is bad. The EX-Z750 is a delicate precision instrument moving a complex assembly in and out very quickly with a small motor. It can't do this if it has pocket lint in it or is stuck inside a camera cast trying to open.

Likewise if the lens knocks into anything while opening it might get a little jammed and give you that warning. Carefully nudge the lens by rotating it till it's free and then open and close it and it should be fine.
[/align]
combat2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 10:18 AM   #4

It didn't get stuck halfway opening, I'm sure. I was filming, and I recall slighting dropping it, but from a height of like 10 inches. And when I checked to see if it still worked after it fell, it did. Then I tried to turn it off, but the lens wouldn't go back in. I tried "nudging" it and checking the lens for any buildup, I didn't find any. IS there anything else anyone could find?
Old Jul 23, 2005, 1:59 PM   #5

Its knackered mine did exactly the same. See my previous post.

it is possible to get the lens in by CAREFULLY turning it at power up. This is a VERY difficult thing to describe as it requires turning in two directions without a pause.

Get it sent back is my recommendation. Luckily mine was one day old and the shop i buy from has a 30 day swap policy for DOA cameras.

TA
tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 4:22 PM   #6

I've seen this many times with different cameras and Combat2k's post is right on the money.

I'd reccomend sending it back for service. They'll probably just replace the lens.

Good Luck Midnightreverie

Tim Cason
Skelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2005, 11:36 PM   #7

I too had the "lens error" message as well with my casio z-750 when I tried to zoom past 80%. So I did the following:

Once I got the "lens error" messageand thecamera shut off, I turned the camera upside down and turned it back on. Voila...it zoomed past 80%. Then I turned the camera upright again, zoomed in and then out and once again, it zoomed past 80%.

However, when I turned the camera off and then on again, and tried to zoom past 80%, the "lens error" message appeared again. Hence, I had to turn it upside down again...etc, etc, before it started to work. I found this really, really annoying.

So, while the camera was off, I turned it upside down and dropped it on a carpeted floor. I turned it back on, zoomed it past 80% and no more "lens error" message. I guess that fixed the problem.

Laleche is offline   Reply With Quote