Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 12, 2005, 8:19 PM   #11

I just bought my camera end of july 2005. I experienced the error very soon after purchase. mine is made in china, serial num starts 1047. I sometimes have the lens error when zooming, also bright light conditions, and when trying to focus in difficult conditions. sometimes in bright light, the lcd would go black, I would have to turnoff then turn on the camera to reset it. the camera improved with useage, I don't have the error as often. when I called technical support, they suggested I try removing the battery for 24 hours. if that didn't work, they advised returning it for repair.
bchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:56 AM   #12

i just bought it last month 30 at HK with HKD2950 (USD378.2)

make in japan, without the red label, serial no: 4029xxxF (F may stand for final, sth like that)

my z750 have no lens error (only when intentionally introduce by menually block the way of the lens)

but i experience focusing problem, can not focus with zero zoom.

( before the focus problem first appear, i hear a clean "click"sound come out from the camera during shutdown,......... then i start up it again, the focus error happen)

i solve that problem by intenionally introduce lens error (a lots of time.... about 10~20 times blocking the lens). and i hear another click sound,

the focus problem gone.

but now i experience another problem which do not appear before.

whenever i intenionally block the lens,

and click sound is produce (but it's never happen before) and when the lens go back, i would hear another click sound .

and the cam still perform well.

i wonder it's the casio orginal idea that a click sound will produce when lens error happen. and it leak to focus problm.

another click sound will produce when the lens go back. it recover the focus problem..

anyway, so far, my cam have no lens error (without blocking the lens)
squallelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2005, 5:06 PM   #13

Hi I have had the z750 for just about a month. Bought it in London. It developed a lens error after about 2 weeks. It seems to be increasingly frequent. It has also had some focusing issues and it has a dead pixel. This is very disappointing because the camera is a great machine, it just has some quality manufacture issues. Could people please keep posting here to tell what others have done. I am returning mine to the camera shop under a no-worries 28 day return programme. I would like to get another, especially as I bought a memory card from another vendor, but need some confirmation that Casio have fixed the problem.

The camera is made in China and the serial number is: 1023XXXA. I paid £250 for it in London.
geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 9:03 AM   #14

s/n 1045xxxA, made in china

bought a few weeks ago, had lens error within 1 week, will not focus at 0% zoom.

Anybody have luck solving this yet? Did removing the battery for 24 hours (per Casio support) work for anyone? Any other tips?

Thanks!
paludal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 9:44 AM   #15

If anyone has a High Speed memory card that can be the cause of the problem. The battery removal probably won't help and I'm sorry you guys recieved that information. So try making sure it isn't a High Speed card and try updating the firmware.
CasioTechSupport4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:04 AM   #16

Thanks Casio Support. I do indeed have a high speed card. I thought I was doing the right thing! Does the documentation say that they are not supported. I have not had a chance to try this because I am still travelling, and will need to wait until I get back to London. Is this likely to cause a fix with the focusing problem as well as the lens opening problem? I guess it wont fix the dead pixel! The lens has also started to jam on closing sometime too, but I'm not sure whether that is a kind of system error manifest in hardware? Any more suggestions?

Thanks so much for your help.
geiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:17 AM   #17

I bought my EX Z750 at Sharper Image and took it on a vacation where I began to experience the "lens error" problem. I couldn't get the camera to focus and got very frustrated. Then I discovered if I zoomed in and out it would focus properly. I also noticed that if I manually stopped the lens from opening it would readjust and the focus would work again. But what a hassle, so I exchanged it for a new one and the same problem occurred again. This problem makes it very difficult to take spontaneous pictures with this otherwise outstanding camera. I have other Casio digital cameras and none have had this problem, but they don't have all the wonderful features of this camera. I'm wondering what I should do about this and whether Casio is aware of this problem and is doing anything about it. I'm wondering if it is a firmware problem or whether the camera has a design flaw.
pkrobins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:28 AM   #18

Anytime you have a problem focusing try using Multi focus instead of spot. If you're in a spot where direct light isn't on the almost exact spot you're focusing the camera won't focus. Switching to MULTI will give more area for the camera to focus. Or try free focus and select a point on the LCD screen that lines up with an area you want to focus on. Hopefully this will help in that area.

The lens problems you're having can probably go back to the high speed card. Though its not always the case. Lens alignment problems can happen as well. I'm still trying to figure out more fixes for Lens Error, but if its a non high speed card camera do try the new firmware update at Casio.com

Also despite internet rumors...errors don't happen more or less in cameras from Japan or China. Plus as of right now the Serial Number really has no lead to when the camera was produced. It's just a randomly generated number. BUT if something comes to my attention about the Serial Number...i'll make sure to post it for you guys!

http://world.casio.com/qv/download/en
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:40 AM   #19

What about the issue of manually preventing the lens from opening to realign the camera in some way so that the focus works. I'll try the multi-focusing but even in bright outdoor light it won't focus until I do the lens stop.
pkrobins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:51 AM   #20

If you have to yourself physically move the lens to get it to focus then that sounds like you'll want to get the lens alignment looked at. I'd suggest before sending it away to see if you can stop into a local camera store and see if they can adjust the lens and realign it. If not then here is the address and phone number for the Casio Repair Center in Dover,NJ

570 Mt. Pleasant Ave. Dover,NJ 07801

Include-

Copy of receipt/Return contact information/Brief description of the problem.