Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:18 PM   #21

You gave me address but not phone number.
pkrobins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:20 PM   #22

Heh, sorry about that..tend to get ahead of myself when I'm typing things out.

It's 1-800-706-2534 and its Option #1 at that number.

They're open M-F 9-5pm EST
CasioTechSupport4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 9:21 PM   #23

CasioTechSupport4,

Ijust wanted to let you know that all the help that you've provided (and continue to provide) on these boards-with the Casio line-hasn't gone unnoticed. That is some GREAT info.about thehigh speed cards. Please DO continue to keep us all posted if you discover anything else that may be leading to the "lens error" message. -which I don't think is as prevelant asit once was....orSEEMED to be.

Also, maybe those that have had the error can start posting whether they were using a high speed card at the time?
Mariotoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 10:51 PM   #24

How can I tell if it is a high speed card. My card says nothing on it and I don't have the packaging anymore. It is a PNY card.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 10:34 AM   #25

Made in CHINA. 2015**** serial number. Firmware upgraded at 1.01. Sandisk Ultra II 1 GB. No problems so far. Still discovering how to use it
combat2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:16 AM   #26

To All,

Thank you! I'm glad I can help out in this forum and that some of us here do appreciate it. (obviously in different strings some don't want to honor any of my information which is fine, when they're upset that they aren't getting what they want out of the camera or have no understanding of a problem they'll learn:blah I will continue to post here and help those out with any problems they maybe having!

If your memory card reads one of the following;

High Speed, Ultra II, High Preformance, or any number followed by "X" would indicate a High Speed card. PNY isn't a name brand I'm familiar with and you may want to check with the local retailer and see if they're purely high speed cards.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 4:02 PM   #27

It is PNY, not PYN. Anyway, I bought it at COMPUSA and I don't think it is high speed, so that wasn't causing my problem.Right now, my camera is operating OK and I will stick with it unless the problem pops up again. I did the firmware upgrade like you suggested. Thanks for all your help.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 5:12 PM   #28

Yeah with your case it seemed that the lens was out of alignment. Yeah that memory card isn't a high speed one. Glad to hear its working better now! Lovely camera I must say. I need to go out and buy one from Circuit City when I have the money...since I don't make all that much :blah:
Old Aug 24, 2005, 7:38 PM   #29

Before anyone goes out and buys another card to try to fix a lens error there is something you should try.

Take some pictures in VGA to make sure you still get a lens error at that resolution. Then remove the card and take some photos using the internal memory. With the card removed from the camera it can't affect the lens error.

The card has nothing to do with focusing or any other internal process in the camera until the photo is taken and the image is written to the card. It is also accessed when you are reviewing photos. I don't think anyone is going to find a lens error caused by a fast card.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2005, 9:15 PM   #30

Seriously man...you seem to have a problem with me giving this help...from everything I have posted almost you've got some contridiction on your hands. Well it's really quiet annoying. This may make me sound like a dick, but oh well. I'm the technical support guy here. I'm the one that works with the cameras, NOT YOU. So before you go and spout off your mouth, call tech support some day...and you'll find that you'll get the same answers.

And if you're able to take pictures...you don't have a "lens error". I'll say it one more time...so that you can understand it.

High Speed cards are NOT compatible with the Casio cameras. They try to adjust a write speed on the camera that isn't adjustable. In some cases the High Speed cards produce a "Lens Error"...removal of the high speed card corrects that. A lens error is only one of possibly many problems that could be produced by a High Speed card. Its just also one of the ways I've found to correct the "Lens Error"

Do this. Goand get on mommy and daddy's computer. Enter into the BIOS and increase the processor speed. Then save changes and start the computer up. Make sure you have a Casio on hand to take a picture of that burning processor...because that could be the result of your Casio with a high speed memory card.