Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Sep 8, 2005, 6:01 PM   #51

One time my camera turn ON in my pocket. " Lens ERROR". Next time when I turned ON all are OK ( focus, zoom ):|.

If I buy from US and I live in Romania ?

I try with 1gb SD TwinMos 66x. Work perfect. Tomorrow I buy second SD 2gb Twinmos

Thanks

Mike
mike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 9:14 PM   #52

The camera comes with a list of all the service agents around the world in the box. Check that list and phone your nearest agent for service.

CASIO has a full international warranty as long as you have your proof of purchase.
CASIO Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2005, 2:05 PM   #53

Hi

Like I told.

Today I buy 2gb SD-TwinMos 66x. Picture, movie all the best. 01:06:56 HQ movie and 434 Fine HQ Pictures.

With this SD card I buy SD/MMCUSB reader from TwinMos ( mini reader ) CRW42SA.

This huge 2gb sd card:shock:don`t work in this reader.

I have another older ( bigger ) TwinMos reder 8in1 CRW8A4-G410 and it is OK.

What can I doo ?

Mike

PS. In Romania Casio service NOT YET
mike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 5:29 AM   #54

I just bought my Z750 little over a week ago in Hong Kong. It's made in Japan and serial number begins with 4013.

I was gonna get a 2GB SD card but after recievingan email reply from Casio support in US saying Z750 only support up to 1GB SD card.I decided against 2GB SD card and went with 1GB SD cardto be on the safe side.

So I finally got a Corsair 1GB fast SD card which the box said 133x speed (Part# CMFSD133-1GB) which you can seeit at the very bottom of the following link: http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair...memory.html#sd

I've updated to firmware v1.1 and do notnot have any lens error or any other problem thus far. After reading threads in the forum, I've done the following to prevent len from extending while in pocket or in my original Casiosnug fitting case that came with my Z750:

1. Disable Play/Rec buttons

2. Turn the dial to voice recording after turned off camera. (in case it ever turn on unintensionally, the lens would never extend automatically since it's in voice recording mode)

I'm loving all the features this camera provide and taking pics and videos to try all possible settings. Istill have my old Casion QV-3000EX 3.2 MP camera and I keep comparing the pictures taken by these two camera. It seems that my old QV-3000EX's picture quality seem more pleasing to my eyes, maybe I'm still need to try out my Z750 more to get what I want.
xenonsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 3:17 PM   #55

mike99 wrote:
Quote:

Hi

Like I told.

Today I buy 2gb SD-TwinMos 66x. Picture, movie all the best. 01:06:56 HQ movie and 434 Fine HQ Pictures.

With this SD card I buy SD/MMCUSB reader from TwinMos ( mini reader ) CRW42SA.

This huge 2gb sd card:shock:don`t work in this reader.

I have another older ( bigger ) TwinMos reder 8in1 CRW8A4-G410 and it is OK.

What can I doo ?

Mike

PS. In Romania Casio service NOT YET
What's your point? It's not a Casio problem, so shouldn't be addressed here.
ahdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2005, 7:36 PM   #56

mike99Some readers will and some won't read 2GB SD Media even within the same brands of readers.Sorry there is no easy answer. There is a Media and Card Reader section of the forum. I started a topic there. Click the following link andgo there and post yours that do and don't.SD Readers and 2GB SD Media
AtenSpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 4:38 PM   #57

Attn: xenonsky

I do not believe there is a problem with larger than 1GB memory cards in the EXZ750. Earlier CASIO models would not support cards greater than 1GB but this has been resolved with recent models. See here:

http://world.casio.com/qv/support/en/info/sd_card.html

Also this link shows that high speed cards ARE compatible with the EXZ750

http://faq.casio.com/faq/exilim/faq_...ry%20Card#3609
CASIO Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2005, 8:41 AM   #58

Mine should be arriving in about a week, fingers crossed I don't experience these lens errors...first thing I'm doing is turning off the Auto-On features...
Deanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2005, 2:02 PM   #59

I am using a 2GB card in my Z750 with no problems. See this link Z750 compatiability with 2GB 150X SD Card? My camera also has the original firmware so2GB cardseven work with the original firmware as well.
AtenSpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2005, 6:59 AM   #60

CASIO Service, my Z750 had also been encountering focusing problem after 3 months of usage. As mentioned in previous post, the len is unable to focus (turn green) until I do a manual zooming of the len. Does this also caused by the position sensor misalign?
tbkiang is offline   Reply With Quote