Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 24, 2005, 6:05 AM   #1

Have you had, or are you having, a "lens error" problem with your Casio Exilim EX-Z750 camera? Could you please post, say, the firstfour digits of the serial number on the camera, and/OR (if you'd rather not post even a partial serial number) whether it is a "Made in Japan", or "Made in China" version? -all this info. is located on the bottom of the camera. Also, how long have you had the camera? How long after you bought it did the error show up?If Casio "swapped out" your camera after you sent it in for the repair, which version did you get back? I know that this is a lot to ask, but perhaps we candetermine whether or notthe cameras with the"lens error" problem weresimply from a bad lot.

Some have also suggested that the "Made in China" versions are the most recentoutin stores. Can anyone POSITIVELY confirm or denythis? I'm curious as to whether or not these are having the "lens error" problem....and if it was as prevalent as it appeared to be, Casio HAD TO have taken notice, right? Maybe theyfixed the "bug" before releasing their latest"batch" of cameras?

Finally,even if you're NOT having any problems, could you please post what version you have and how long you've had the camera.-this will help us determine whether the "Made inChina" versions really are the most current.

Mariotoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2005, 6:09 AM   #2

Serial: 1079

Version: China

no problems yet!
Old Jul 24, 2005, 7:31 AM   #3

i wonder, the how could first 4 digi of sn could reveal the date of manufactured.

i think we should first find out how can we read the date of manufactured from sn,

then post the date out.

So, we can know if there is a date that, onward, would have less lens error.
squallelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 6:26 PM   #4

I just assumed that the higher the serial number, the most current the version of the camera. But then again, my version (China) has a lower serial number on it then the one pictured on the camera that Steve reviewed back in May, which was a Japan version....and I just bought mine yesterday.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 9:18 PM   #5

or maybe the lens error problems are only in cameras with the same serial code prefix or suffix
afro_ninj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 9:35 PM   #6

Made in China. Serial 2008.

I've had it a little over a month with no lens errors.

Someone posted on another board that it was common for Japanese companies to release the initial "made in Japan" cameras and to shift their final production to China.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 12:33 PM   #7

The Lens Error messagecame up only twiceafternearlytwoweeksof an hour or two of use each day. Both times it occurred just after turning the camera on. At least one of those times my finger or the case was likelypartially blocking the lens from coming out. The error showed up the first time a few days after purchase. I don't consider it a problem at this time.
ArchP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:46 PM   #8

Hi, I have had my casio 750 for about a week now. The first thing I did was to turn the auto on function off as I had heard that this can cause the lens error.

Movie function is very impressive.

No lens errors so far, fingers crossed.

Mine is made in China.

panzervi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:57 AM   #9

Intermittent Lens Errors. Bad focusing. Serial begins with 3071 - made in Japan. Had the camera about a month - lens error showed up after about 2 weeks, although I didn't use it much the first two weeks.
Oxojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 1:20 AM   #10

s/n 3025 purchased a month ago.....made in Japan. No problems as yet.
jpear is offline   Reply With Quote